• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

England tour of India 2024

That seemed an obvious one to review. It looked out, the bowler was convinced and India had all three reviews intact.

Anyway, as you were.

State of this pitch now, won't just be our spinners to try win it, Jimmy's pace on the cracks will mean plenty of low bounces.

Typical of England to start chirping about Root's dismissal, if it had been Rohit Sharma giving out in those circumstances they would have been fine with DRS.

They need to realise they tossed away the chance of a win by batting badly second innings and bowling too full on a turning pitch when India chased what should have been a tricky total on that pitch...

Typical of England to start chirping about Root's dismissal, if it had been Rohit Sharma giving out in those circumstances they would have been fine with DRS.

They need to realise they tossed away the chance of a win by batting badly second innings and bowling too full on a turning pitch when India chased what should have been a tricky total on that pitch...
Exactly, there's no mention how many "Umpires Call" went their way with India's lbw decisions in their 1st innings.
Plus - even with Root's excellent ton, he had a DRS call go in his favour - the ball struck his pad, when he didn't play a stroke. The replay showed his pad was an "Ant's Cock" outside the line of the off stump.

Their collapse of 80/7, left them with a mountain to climb - plus Ollie Robinson never looks fit, and his attitude on the field looks sh1te.

I fear for England's young spin bowlers, when they start the new cricket season. Bashir has Jack Leach in front of him at Somerset, and Hartley has to get past Nathan Lyon at Lancashire!!

Last edited:
Exactly, there's no mention how many "Umpires Call" went their way with India's lbw decisions in their 1st innings.
Plus - even with Root's excellent ton, he had a DRS call go in his favour - the ball struck his pad, when he didn't play a stroke. The replay showed his pad was an "Ant's Cock" outside the line of the off stump.

Their collapse of 80/7, left them with a mountain to climb - plus Ollie Robinson never looks fit, and his attitude on the field looks sh1te.

I fear for England's young spin bowlers, when they start the new cricket season. Bashir has Jack Leach in front of him at Somerset, and Hartley has to get past Nathan Lyon at Lancashire!!
I fear for England’s young spin bowlers because the domestic season in the U.K. is so messed up they’ll be expected to play all their first class cricket in spring and early autumn when the conditions only favour seamers. Still, The Hundred eh. Prime summer slot.

They'll never do it, but for me it's all about the Ashes. Build for that no matter how painful and slow it could be.

5th Test ...

Wood in for Robinson ...

1 Zak Crawley, 2 Ben Duckett, 3 Ollie Pope, 4 Joe Root, 5 Jonny Bairstow, 6 Ben Stokes (capt), 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Tom Hartley, 9 Mark Wood, 10 James Anderson, 11 Shoaib Bashir.

This has to be the world’s most stunning cricket venue. Queenstown and Cape Town will run it close, but I think this tops the lot.

Sheffield United v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back