• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Exeter City reject Swans bid for defender

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
As the pace moves rapidly towards the end of the transfer window, reports today suggest that Exeter City have rejected a bid from the Swans for midfielder Josh Key. The Swans are yet to bring in any new players during the window but speculation (and seemingly activity) has increased over the past few...

Read more

Saying we’re leading the race for his signature, is he the one who didn’t want to leave the area when we tried getting him in January?

Swansea93 said:
Saying we’re leading the race for his signature, is he the one who didn’t want to leave the area when we tried getting him in January?

Yep, I can't see how anything would have changed in 4 months :eek:

Niigata Jack said:

Maybe didn't want the upheaval in January, but would be happier during the summer to make the move? Just guessing as we have no idea what else is going on in someone's life.

Niigata Jack said:

He is out of contract at the end of the season as he still hasn't signed a new one for the Grecians. Not sure if it is a good move, I think he is 24 and is playing for a mid table league one - gamble for both parties?

jack_lord said:
He is out of contract at the end of the season as he still hasn't signed a new one for the Grecians. Not sure if it is a good move, I think he is 24 and is playing for a mid table league one - gamble for both parties?

Seems to be the way we are going though, Fisher, Darling and now maybe this lad all 3 from L1?

Niigata Jack said:
Seems to be the way we are going though, Fisher, Darling and now maybe this lad all 3 from L1?

It is what the budget allows. If reports are true though, that could change significantly going into the summer but until things are signed, sealed and delivered nothing is a given with these lot in charge I suppose.

Very highly rated at Exeter and reading reports about him he seems a lovely lad too.

All about identifying the right players, just because he's in league one doesn't mean he can't step up.
Ash played over 150 games for Stockport before we signed him, he turned out OK!

Manselton Jack said:
All about identifying the right players, just because he's in league one doesn't mean he can't step up.
Ash played over 150 games for Stockport before we signed him, he turned out OK!

People forget little nuggets like this.

Just like how famously Angel Rangel isn't who our scouts went to watch in the Spanish 4th division, they went to go watch a striker but Rangel caught the eye and we snapped him up that summer.

Similarly Jason Scotland was signed for 25k from St Johnstone in 2007 (who at the time were in the Scottish Championship - seen by many as league 1 or league 2 standard).

Admittedly for every success story at any club you will find 10 or more who didn't make it, but to discount a player just for being from league 1, league 2 or even lower is foolish in the extreme.

Risc said:
It is what the budget allows. If reports are true though, that could change significantly going into the summer but until things are signed, sealed and delivered nothing is a given with these lot in charge I suppose.

Reports/rumours are one thing, its seeing the colour of their money that count's :D

That said, what's in it for them unless we manage to go up and we'll probably need to stay up for a few years as well for them to get a decent return on any investment they may put in?

Magic_Michu said:
Very highly rated at Exeter and reading reports about him he seems a lovely lad too.

So was Darling, not sure about Fisher though ;) Darling has definitely got better, jury is still very much out on Fisher though.

Apparently we're still in for him, now out of contract but now tribunal. Wba amongst others supposedly also interested.

Makes a mockery of the "glad we didn't give Martin anymore money brigade" when trying to defend the January window.

Still linked to the same player after he's gone. A player who was nearing end of contract at a mid table going neither up or down league 1 club, and we wouldn't stretch to even buying him despite our squad being short.

And now, others are interested.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back