• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FAO Londonlisa2001

Risc said:
Cooperman said:
Where are the questions? I’m not seeing them.

Lisa said in above post she is checking with them if she can make them public.

They have apparently been put on Supporters Trust facebook page but I cannot see them? Can anyone link?

It's on the Members group, not the old wild west one.

Uxy said:
monmouth said:
I would say it's pretty obvious that is going to be the case Ux. Populated by people only out to brag to their mates and take freebies while having their over inflated egos massaged by the owners (if they can be bothered) while being ridiculed for their stupidity, low quality and irrelevance behind the scenes. There won't be any members even to vote them off or to want to take their place, other than for similar reasons. These are sad days. A whole shedload of nails in the coffin of the 'fan's club'. I'm not sure about others but I would spit on them if I saw them, and I'm sorry if that sounds too strong. My feelings are that raw.

Yeah, to me it is a bit, and I say that as someone who has seen them burn a few bridges in this direction in the last week or so. I'm still seriously pissed off about that. There's one or two it's probably best I don't encounter anytime soon. They may well feel the same about me I guess :lol:

The worst part is, I can't even disagree with the rest of it. I still think some of them are fundamentally good people, who got into it for what they believe are honourable reasons, but good people sometimes do the wrong things. Not an excuse of course. There certainly isn't for the bypassing of the members, despite whatever pressures there might have been in that regard. I didn't hear anything last week to justify it.

I'm not convinced they're all in it for the freebies, because to be fair they haven't had access to them, to date at least. I can't comment on the rest, because who can ever know. They'll have to be extremely sensitive to that in the future. I dare say all eyes will be on the Directors Box for the rest of the season.

I suspect some will think putting all this to bed and getting on with the "fan" stuff is the right call. If so, they've missed the point of the Trust, and they've probably misjudged how that will go going forward in their ability to do that. They've certainly missed the point of what the duties of any director/board members of the Trust are.

That sounds fair. I'm still in the angry stage that we've got nothing in return for rolling over that does anything to protect the future of the club or the relevance of the supporters' voice. In fact I'll delete my original, although it will stay in the quote, as your response is a better measure of the situation. I will become more reasonable shortly

Uxy said:
Risc said:

They have apparently been put on Supporters Trust facebook page but I cannot see them? Can anyone link?

I’m certain that I’m on the right page, but not seeing any such questions.

Shouldn't the trust update its facebook about page

The Swansea City Supporters' Trust owns over 21% of Wales' first Premier League Club.

As has been mentioned, I expect many of the Trust committee joined and put themselves forward for all the right reasons and are very decent people. From what I am reading on forums and social media, there is great dissatisfaction with the recent news amongst the members whom they represent. With that in mind, surely those decent people must now resign in support of those members who they have, let's be frank, betrayed with their support of the signed deal.

That's the honourable thing to do, surely?

Fbreath said:
Shouldn't the trust update its facebook about page

The Swansea City Supporters' Trust owns over 21% of Wales' first Premier League Club.

It's still currently a correct statement.

Cooperman said:
Uxy said:

I’m certain that I’m on the right page, but not seeing any such questions.

Can't post the link I'm afraid, doesn't come up in the app. But it's not the page, it's the members group which is set to private unless you request to join.

Just by way of an update. I chased this morning for a response to the question of whether I could post the 14 questions I have submitted in writing to the Trust on this (or any other) public forum, and I was asked not to do so until at least such time as the Trust’s legal advisors opine on the subject and the answers are available.

Apologies.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Just by way of an update. I chased this morning for a response to the question of whether I could post the 14 questions I have submitted in writing to the Trust on this (or any other) public forum, and I was asked not to do so until at least such time as the Trust’s legal advisors opine on the subject and the answers are available.

Apologies.

Great to see the Trust still dealing in secrecy and keeping the many in the dark until as and when it suits them.

And I have no idea why Lisa having seen your questions on the Members forum why now there is any possible good legal reason to withhold some of the answers and to need a legal opinion on them, given the deal is signed and sealed.

This whole ongoing lack of transparency is going to sink them if it hasn’t already. I’m only hanging on to see how this plays out before resigning and suspect I’m very typical in this almost morbid fascination now. There’s nothing else left in it for me now.

So they don't know any answers, even though they have signed off the deal, and they are afraid of the questions that they don't know how to answer becoming public? Sweet.

You''ll probably get a reply saying 'sorry that's all probably legally privileged, we don't really know, and anyway, even if it isn't, you're just a girl and so don't worry your pretty little head about such things'.

Londonlisa2001 said:

Apologies.

Thanks Lisa

Unless you have used any information in your questions that were only available when you were involved with the Trust board I can't see any reason why you would not be allowed to publish them. The answers are of course a different issue, although as things are signed and sealed surely there should be nothing to hide.
To add if you had been allowed to ask the questions fully on the night they would already be in the public domain.

3swan said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Apologies.

Thanks Lisa

Unless you have used any information in your questions that were only available when you were involved with the Trust board I can't see any reason why you would not be allowed to publish them. The answers are of course a different issue, although as things are signed and sealed surely there should be nothing to hide.
To add if you had been allowed to ask the questions fully on the night they would already be in the public domain.

Yeah, I was very careful not to and only to use info that was absolutely in the public domain. To be honest I only really asked out of courtesy as the main forum was members only so I thought I should ask if the questions could be wider than that.
Hopefully we get answers soon.

I can only assume that the lawyers are giving an opinion on how public various bits of the answers can be outside the membership. I am not certain that info can be withheld from members very easily. Other than that I would hope all the answers were already known. I’d be deeply concerned if they weren’t as they were petty basic to be honest. I didn’t bother with the detailed nitty gritty stuff as it’s almost pointless at this stage.

3swan said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Apologies.

The meeting was recorded on Teams on the night, be amazed if they ever release unedited version of that car crash though 😅

Thanks Lisa

Londonlisa2001 said:
3swan said:
Thanks Lisa

Yeah, I was very careful not to and only to use info that was absolutely in the public domain. To be honest I only really asked out of courtesy as the main forum was members only so I thought I should ask if the questions could be wider than that.
Hopefully we get answers soon.

I can only assume that the lawyers are giving an opinion on how public various bits of the answers can be outside the membership. I am not certain that info can be withheld from members very easily. Other than that I would hope all the answers were already known. I’d be deeply concerned if they weren’t as they were petty basic to be honest. I didn’t bother with the detailed nitty gritty stuff as it’s almost pointless at this stage.

Thanks again is seems then they are being ultra defensive and don't feel comfortable in explaining how they reached their decision and the full impact.

Uxy said:
Risc said:

Do they remove people when they resign membership? Not on there.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back