• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FAO Monny and Pego

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 4,511
I was a big fan of Yes up to the Relayer album, after which I thought the music got too “light” and quite Pop like. Listening to odd tracks off the latest album I have no reason to change how I think.
Overall though, 70’s Yes are one of my favourite bands of all time and were absolutely superb when I saw them performing live.

Muteswan said:
I was a big fan of Yes up to the Relayer album, after which I thought the music got too “light” and quite Pop like. Listening to odd tracks off the latest album I have no reason to change how I think.
Overall though, 70’s Yes are one of my favourite bands of all time and were absolutely superb when I saw them performing live.

Yes are my 'Cheap Trick', i.e. favorite band of all time, and the holy trinity of albums for me are The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge (the best prog rock album of all time). The last two of course feature the definitive personnel line up of Anderson, Howe, Wakeman, Squire and Bruford.

Many fans think Relayer is their best album, although not for me, but I like it a lot. I also like 91250 despite it being what Mutey would call 'light'.

Pegojack said:
Yes are my 'Cheap Trick', i.e. favorite band of all time, and the holy trinity of albums for me are The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge (the best prog rock album of all time). The last two of course feature the definitive personnel line up of Anderson, Howe, Wakeman, Squire and Bruford.

Many fans think Relayer is their best album, although not for me, but I like it a lot. I also like 91250 despite it being what Mutey would call 'light'.

Awaken off Going For The One is superb. Relayer except for 'To be Over' doesn't do it for me, and as you say, Bruford over White any day of the week. I don't think I've heard many say Relayer is the best. Normally The Yes Album, Fragile (my favourite) or CTTE. I also like Side 1 of Topographic Oceans and parts of Side 2. Sides 3 and 4 not at all. The first two albums have some great stuff too. Very musically assured. Also some sickening stuff from Ando (eg 'Sweetness' 🤮.

I bailed out after suffering Tormato, Drama and 90125, and worst of all, Union, or as Wakeman calls it Onion, because it makes him cry when he hears it. There's some merit in each but so much filler dross I can't play them. I thought some of Wakeman's solo stuff was interesting, White Rock, Criminal Record and parts of Arthur in particular.

So that's my Yes in a nutshell view :lol:

Pegojack said:

My favourite lineup. Bill Bruford came to the Swansea Jazz Club with his Earthworks band. Obviously he was superb, and a first class jazz drummer. Steve Howe’s son, Dylan, also came to the club with his band. Great band live, Dylan is a great drummer. I’ve often wondered if Steve ever thought about bringing Dylan into the later versions of Yes.
Why isn’t TFTO in your favourite list? 😉 I love it but not everyone does.🤔

Loved them all up to Going for the one and then lost interest from tomato on.

Saw them a few times live. Capitol Cardiff shortly after the release of Close to the Edge was sensational. A bit later they headlined Reading when Reading was THE festival.

Muteswan said:
My favourite lineup. Bill Bruford came to the Swansea Jazz Club with his Earthworks band. Obviously he was superb, and a first class jazz drummer. Steve Howe’s son, Dylan, also came to the club with his band. Great band live, Dylan is a great drummer. I’ve often wondered if Steve ever thought about bringing Dylan into the later versions of Yes.
Why isn’t TFTO in your favourite list? 😉 I love it but not everyone does.🤔

I can't get into TFTO and never have, but am persevering with it after recently buying a new CD copy.

Dark room, good bottle of red and time. (and a word). Start at the beginning right through till the end. Don’t miss out side 3. 😁

Muteswan said:
Dark room, good bottle of red and time. (and a word). Start at the beginning right through till the end. Don’t miss out side 3. 😁

As a young pup I was an advocate (one of the very few) of The Ancient, but I’ve lost my taste for it. Never liked Ritual. I still listen to Revealing Science and The Remembering often as Ilose myself on them in the rower in the Gym.

Like the idea of the bottle of red and do the whole caboodle, but I’d need an extra bottle for The Ancient these days.

Bruford was amazing. The first part of Heart of the sunrise with him and Squire is technically superb, and the mid section of And You and I.

Not a lot of time for each band by the look of it. 4.00 until 12.00.
One of the Yes songs would take up most of that. 😉
Fabulous lineup.

TheLoneRanger said:
Sadly that line-up changed on the day ...

Taste were replaced by Brinsley Schwarz.

Yes by Idle Race.

Bloody Welsh by Meic Stevens.

Screenshot_20231109-112325_kindlephoto-33917637.png

I would have wanted my money back.

I was there.
Can't say I remember a lot about it but as I recall I thought Hawkwind were the standout band.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back