• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Garden benches

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
I'm trying to look forward to the better weather and lighter evenings.
Any recommendations? Probably wood is what I'd go for.

I bought a couple of wooden ones about ten years ago in a Wyevale end of season sale, nothing special and just your typical wooden garden bench. I only paid £70 each for them and therefore didn't plan on them having a long life. None the less I painted and treated them with a decent stain and all these years later they are still going strong. I don't put them away for winter as we sit outside on fine winter days.

Just went looking for a link for something similar and found that Wyevale has gone to the wall. When the heck did that happen?

Cooperman said:
I bought a couple of wooden ones about ten years ago in a Wyevale end of season sale, nothing special and just your typical wooden garden bench. I only paid £70 each for them and therefore didn't plan on them having a long life. None the less I painted and treated them with a decent stain and all these years later they are still going strong. I don't put them away for winter as we sit outside on fine winter days.

Just went looking for a link for something similar and found that Wyevale has gone to the wall. When the heck did that happen?

Thought it was called Dobbies now and they were selling Sainsbury products the last i heard. Last i heard they were still going unless someone can advise me otherwise.

cmajack said:
Cooperman said:

Thought it was called Dobbies now and they were selling Sainsbury products the last i heard. Last i heard they were still going unless someone can advise me otherwise.

No idea. I Googled Wyevale and was met with the notice that they had ceased trading.

They were put up for sale by the private equity group that owned them in 2018, since then the stores have been sold off to various different companies Dobbies being one such purchaser, our local Wyevale became British Garden Centres.

Wyvale in Llansamlet is now Dobbies garden centre. Nothing's really changed, other than they've also become an outlet for Sainsbury's so they can stay open in the lockdown.

Wyevale in Carmarthen is now called " The garden centre".....you wouldn't notice any difference other than that.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back