• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Garden irrigation systems

Darran said:
Wayne wastes a lot of water what with his dishwasher too.
I might contact Greenpeace.

Technically dishwashers are more water and energy efficient (plus gas costs now my fixed rate tariff has ended...)

waynekerr55 said:
As it's all pushfit it seems fairly straightforward to do

There seems to be plenty of advice on the net, so you can DIY for a fraction of the price, of what a company would charge. Lots of ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEJE6feLCn0

We had a significant drop of rain today over the other side of the county border, Wayne.

Cooperman said:
We had a significant drop of rain today over the other side of the county border, Wayne.

Funnily enough yesterday's snow became drizzle.

I'm not so worried about now it's May to August is the pinch point

jack123 said:
There seems to be plenty of advice on the net, so you can DIY for a fraction of the price, of what a company would charge. Lots of ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEJE6feLCn0

I took the plunge and used the 13mm irrigation hose

I've capped the end for when next summer (or the summer after!) when we put planters and raised beds in.

If I never ever see stone chippings in a garden again it will be too soon

waynekerr55 said:

I've capped the end for when next summer (or the summer after!) when we put planters and raised beds in.

It looks like we are still some way from a BBQ at yours.

Cooperman said:

Turf going down Saturday. Stage two next summer will be raised beds, pergola and a new patio/stepping stones around the garden. A never ending list!

Cooperman said:

So my best laid plans are falling away! The first of three heads works a dream yet the bottom two don't. It doesn't make sense as if there was a leak then surely the pressure wouldn't keep at the top. I'm hoping it's just a bit of stray debris in the system

waynekerr55 said:
So my best laid plans are falling away! The first of three heads works a dream yet the bottom two don't. It doesn't make sense as if there was a leak then surely the pressure wouldn't keep at the top. I'm hoping it's just a bit of stray debris in the system

What is the inner diameter of the tubes?

Cooperman said:
What is the inner diameter of the tubes?

13mm I used the irrigation pipe. The first one is a dream it's spinning like a full back turned inside out by Montero!

waynekerr55 said:
13mm I used the irrigation pipe. The first one is a dream it's spinning like a full back turned inside out by Montero!

Can flow be regulated and if so do they need balancing?

waynekerr55 said:

Thanks, glad you are getting it done. Blinking eck! That earth looks dry as hell, I'm assuming this was took recently?

Cooperman said:
Can flow be regulated and if so do they need balancing?

Funnily enough I'm going to play about a bit with this, you can turn the dial up and down

jack123 said:
Thanks, glad you are getting it done. Blinking eck! That earth looks dry as hell, I'm assuming this was took recently?

Yeah, it looks worse than it is. I plumped for the soil with sharp sand mixed in. 4 tonne happy days

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back