• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Get vaccinated or stay home

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
https://www.airlive.net/qantas-ceo-confirms-covid-vaccinations-will-be-required-for-international-travellers/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I would make this apply to any gatherings. Prove vaccination or you can’t watch sport, go to gigs or the theatre, museums or cinema.

You are free to make your choice as to whether you get vaccinated of course.

Be interesting to found out how many airlines, cruise companies, will u turn when they realise that passenger numbers are plummeting.

J_B said:
I would make this apply to any gatherings. Prove vaccination or you can’t watch sport, go to gigs or the theatre, museums or cinema.

But that's Hobsons choice surely.

An alternative perspective........if the vaccine works there's no need to put sanctions on those without because those with are protected?

There's another group of people who through their own action knowingly put themselves and others at risk. They account for 400,000 hospital admissions each year blocking beds, 70,000 die each year and 10 percent of unborn children are placed at risk of harm as a result of their actions - what shall we do with smokers?

Jack2jack said:
Be interesting to found out how many airlines, cruise companies, will u turn when they realise that passenger numbers are plummeting.

I have spent nearly £800 on pre travel Covid tests only for the results to not be checked upon arrival. I didn’t bother with the test last week and the result was the same, straight through immigration without the guy rising from his semi consciousness state.

J_B said:

And what happens if there are long term side effects from having the vaccine ?
I’m more than happy if you have it, and if you don’t get any side effects in the next 5 years, I’ll May then have the vaccine.

Talk about playing Russian roulette. I can understand people with underlying health conditions taking it, but why would healthy people want or need it.

Jackmanandboy said:
An alternative perspective........if the vaccine works there's no need to put sanctions on those without because those with are protected?

There's another group of people who through their own action knowingly put themselves and others at risk. They account for 400,000 hospital admissions each year blocking beds, 70,000 die each year and 10 percent of unborn children are placed at risk of harm as a result of their actions - what shall we do with smokers?

Protection for the population as a whole only occurs when there is a sufficient percentage of people with immunity.

In this case, it’s said to be around 70%.

On the smoking bit, there are loads of laws in place to prevent smokers damaging the health of non smokers. Smoking isn’t allowed inside pubs, workplaces or anywhere else to prevent the rest of us being affected.
People not being allowed inside a restaurant (for example) unless they’re vaccinated is a pretty comparable situation to smokers not being allowed to smoke inside a restaurant.

Cardiffjack said:
J_B said:

I’m more than happy if you have it, and if you don’t get any side effects in the next 5 years, I’ll May then have the vaccine.

Talk about playing Russian roulette. I can understand people with underlying health conditions taking it, but why would healthy people want or need it.

To clarify. I didn’t really thank you for the post. I hit the wrong button and can’t see how to reverse it.

I think your post is ludicrous.

You’re worried about side effects of a vaccine and not worried about side effects of getting the virus? That makes genuinely zero sense. You are basically saying that your own immune system being triggered by a vaccine which cannot cause you illness is worse than your immune system being triggered by an infection that could kill you or cause genuine long term health problems.

I don’t think people understand what a vaccine is and what it does.

I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as it is available to 50 year olds with a paunch. We've got to trust the scientists on this one, especially if you are in a Covid vulnerable subgroup.

They would be putting their own lives at risk (Edit - and others by taking up resources as Jackmanandboy points out) but if I‘m vaccinated there’s a 90% chance that I won’t get it. Is it like polio or measles that it could be eliminated completely if nearly all of the population is vaccinated or will there still be 10% for whom the vaccine doesn’t work? Genuine question.

Jackmanandboy said:

I would like to see the Prof’s response to this alternative perspective.

My gut tells me that if a large percentage of the population decides not to vaccinate then the virus can’t be sufficiently weakened by restricting transmission and therefor the virus will possibly become more dangerous.

Possibly less of a risk for the older generations as illnesses will be starting to arise no matter what, so if it is a question of if you do not receive the Vac you will be unable to go and enjoy stuff then probably best to have it, but it is a different matter for the younger generations and those yet to bear children or with young families, for them to start getting serious side effects at such an early age would be awful.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Cardiffjack said:

To clarify. I didn’t really thank you for the post. I hit the wrong button and can’t see how to reverse it.

I think your post is ludicrous.

You’re worried about side effects of a vaccine and not worried about side effects of getting the virus? That makes genuinely zero sense. You are basically saying that your own immune system being triggered by a vaccine which cannot cause you illness is worse than your immune system being triggered by an infection that could kill you or cause genuine long term health problems.

I don’t think people understand what a vaccine is and what it does.
To be fair, why would the majority of the population need a vaccine when 99.9% or higher even won't even know they have had the virus or if they do contract it, the bodies own immune system kicks in, happy days. It's up to the individual.
If folk want or need the vaccine then great, it's their choice, as for the others its also their choice. I think CJs point I that the vaccine may or may not be fully tested, at least to his satisfaction, neither do we know what the long term side effects are.
Are you advocating that everyone has the vaccine, honest question.
BTW nice to see you posting again, and hope all well with you in these trying times.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back