• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Get vaccinated or stay home

Jack12345 said:
Possibly less of a risk for the older generations as illnesses will be starting to arise no matter what, so if it is a question of if you do not receive the Vac you will be unable to go and enjoy stuff then probably best to have it, but it is a different matter for the younger generations and those yet to bear children or with young families, for them to start getting serious side effects at such an early age would be awful.

But they won’t.

Ffs, this nonsense about vaccines really needs to be nipped in the bud.

Your arm may get a bit red. You may get a temperature. In very rare instances, you may be allergic to an ingredient used (albumen for example). But using a weakened or killed or manipulated virus to GET YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM to recognise and defeat a virus that could cause huge harm if you don’t get vaccinated (harm to others including potentially your own family members) is surely a complete no brainer. The risk of vaccines to your own immune system is far lower than the risk of catch8ng the disease.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Cardiffjack said:
And what happens if there are long term side effects from having the vaccine ?
I’m more than happy if you have it, and if you don’t get any side effects in the next 5 years, I’ll May then have the vaccine.

Talk about playing Russian roulette. I can understand people with underlying health conditions taking it, but why would healthy people want or need it.

To clarify. I didn’t really thank you for the post. I hit the wrong button and can’t see how to reverse it.

I think your post is ludicrous.

You’re worried about side effects of a vaccine and not worried about side effects of getting the virus? That makes genuinely zero sense. You are basically saying that your own immune system being triggered by a vaccine which cannot cause you illness is worse than your immune system being triggered by an infection that could kill you or cause genuine long term health problems.

I don’t think people understand what a vaccine is and what it does.

I’ve had the virus and the symptoms were extremely mild. Only around 350 people in the U.K. have died from the virus who were under 65 and have had no underlying health issues.

I think you have fallen for all the propaganda that the government has unleashed.

Will the government ban the sale of junk food ? Which kills more than coronavirus will ever do.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Jack12345 said:
Possibly less of a risk for the older generations as illnesses will be starting to arise no matter what, so if it is a question of if you do not receive the Vac you will be unable to go and enjoy stuff then probably best to have it, but it is a different matter for the younger generations and those yet to bear children or with young families, for them to start getting serious side effects at such an early age would be awful.

But they won’t.

Ffs, this nonsense about vaccines really needs to be nipped in the bud.

Your arm may get a bit red. You may get a temperature. In very rare instances, you may be allergic to an ingredient used (albumen for example). But using a weakened or killed or manipulated virus to GET YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM to recognise and defeat a virus that could cause huge harm if you don’t get vaccinated (harm to others including potentially your own family members) is surely a complete no brainer. The risk of vaccines to your own immune system is far lower than the risk of catch8ng the disease.
Guess that also answers my question to you,thanks👍

Londonlisa2001 said:
Jackmanandboy said:
An alternative perspective........if the vaccine works there's no need to put sanctions on those without because those with are protected?

There's another group of people who through their own action knowingly put themselves and others at risk. They account for 400,000 hospital admissions each year blocking beds, 70,000 die each year and 10 percent of unborn children are placed at risk of harm as a result of their actions - what shall we do with smokers?

Protection for the population as a whole only occurs when there is a sufficient percentage of people with immunity.

In this case, it’s said to be around 70%.

On the smoking bit, there are loads of laws in place to prevent smokers damaging the health of non smokers. Smoking isn’t allowed inside pubs, workplaces or anywhere else to prevent the rest of us being affected.
People not being allowed inside a restaurant (for example) unless they’re vaccinated is a pretty comparable situation to smokers not being allowed to smoke inside a restaurant.
There are no law that stop people smoking in their own home. Plus people are still dying from passive smoking.

Jack2jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
To clarify. I didn’t really thank you for the post. I hit the wrong button and can’t see how to reverse it.

You’re worried about side effects of a vaccine and not worried about side effects of getting the virus? That makes genuinely zero sense. You are basically saying that your own immune system being triggered by a vaccine which cannot cause you illness is worse than your immune system being triggered by an infection that could kill you or cause genuine long term health problems.

To be fair, why would the majority of the population need a vaccine when 99.9% or higher even won't even know they have had the virus or if they do contract it, the bodies own immune system kicks in, happy days. It's up to the individual.
If folk want or need the vaccine then great, it's their choice, as for the others its also their choice. I think CJs point I that the vaccine may or may not be fully tested, at least to his satisfaction, neither do we know what the long term side effects are.
Are you advocating that everyone has the vaccine, honest question.
BTW nice to see you posting again, and hope all well with you in these trying times.

Cheers, you too.

Yes, i think everyone should be vaccinated. It’s beholden on all of us to get vaccinated to protect those that can’t.

It’s not a case of dying from this thing. The number that require hospitalisation is astonishing. And the long term effects are dreadful even in young people in many cases.
This vaccine when it comes will have been tested a fully as anything else. People are getting hung up on the short time scale. But most of the time taken usually is trying to get funding, volunteers, results, etc etc. They’ve had money thrown at them this time round and hundreds of thousands of volunteers. Nothing has been too much trouble. Plus every relevant scientist in the world has been working on it.

Cardiffjack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I’ve had the virus and the symptoms were extremely mild. Only around 350 people in the U.K. have died from the virus who were under 65 and have had no underlying health issues.

I think you have fallen for all the propaganda that the government has unleashed.

Will the government ban the sale of junk food ? Which kills more than coronavirus will ever do.

I haven’t fallen for anything. It’s not ‘die or don’t’. Have you seen the hospitalisation figures? And that’s with all of us locked inside for months.
Someone eating themselves to death doesn’t cause a risk for others. So it’s not comparable,

Cardiffjack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Protection for the population as a whole only occurs when there is a sufficient percentage of people with immunity.

In this case, it’s said to be around 70%.

On the smoking bit, there are loads of laws in place to prevent smokers damaging the health of non smokers. Smoking isn’t allowed inside pubs, workplaces or anywhere else to prevent the rest of us being affected.
People not being allowed inside a restaurant (for example) unless they’re vaccinated is a pretty comparable situation to smokers not being allowed to smoke inside a restaurant.
There are no law that stop people smoking in their own home. Plus people are still dying from passive smoking.

And there won’t be a law stopping you being at home without a vaccine. There won’t even be one stopping you leaving the house. I hope that you are not allowed in to any restaurant, bar, flight, train, football match though.

It’s not unprecedented. There are a bunch of countries you can’t visit without a Yellow Fever vaccine. There aren’t loads of people saying ‘we have to be allowed in without one’. You just get one or don’t go,

Londonlisa2001 said:
Jack2jack said:
To be fair, why would the majority of the population need a vaccine when 99.9% or higher even won't even know they have had the virus or if they do contract it, the bodies own immune system kicks in, happy days. It's up to the individual.
If folk want or need the vaccine then great, it's their choice, as for the others its also their choice. I think CJs point I that the vaccine may or may not be fully tested, at least to his satisfaction, neither do we know what the long term side effects are.
Are you advocating that everyone has the vaccine, honest question.
BTW nice to see you posting again, and hope all well with you in these trying times.

Cheers, you too.

Yes, i think everyone should be vaccinated. It’s beholden on all of us to get vaccinated to protect those that can’t.

It’s not a case of dying from this thing. The number that require hospitalisation is astonishing. And the long term effects are dreadful even in young people in many cases.
This vaccine when it comes will have been tested a fully as anything else. People are getting hung up on the short time scale. But most of the time taken usually is trying to get funding, volunteers, results, etc etc. They’ve had money thrown at them this time round and hundreds of thousands of volunteers. Nothing has been too much trouble. Plus every relevant scientist in the world has been working on it.
So are you saying folk who don't or won't have the vaccine are in someway being irresponsible.
We all have a choice in a free world. Besides surely all those that want or need the vaccine will be protected against the virus from those that choose otherwise,status quo achieved.

BrynCartwright said:
I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as it is available to 50 year olds with a paunch. We've got to trust the scientists on this one, especially if you are in a Covid vulnerable subgroup.

Me too Bryn - and I'll get it before you 😝 65-70 group see. Mind you, I'd still rather be in the 50-60s like you tbh. But I'm already browsing flight dates for March, bring it on! 👍

Jack2jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Cheers, you too.

So are you saying folk who don't or won't have the vaccine are in someway being irresponsible.
We all have a choice in a free world. Besides surely all those that want or need the vaccine will be protected against the virus from those that choose otherwise,status quo achieved.

Deeply irresponsible in my view.

I’d quite genuinely introduce a vaccine passport.

Immunity for the population is based on enough people getting a vaccine. Why should some poor sod who can’t get a vaccine be put at risk from someone who quite easily could but is scared or ill informed?

Londonlisa2001 said:
Jack2jack said:

Immunity for the population is based on enough people getting a vaccine. Why should some poor sod who can’t get a vaccine be put at risk from someone who quite easily could but is scared or ill informed?
It's all about opinions I guess.
Vaccine passports interesting. Removing folks rights to move freely, and stop them doing what they want, we do live in a democracy, do we not.
Why is it not possible for normal healthy folk to build up natural immunity, whilst giving those in need a jab.
Why would the poor sod not be able to get a vaccine?

Jack2jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

It's all about opinions I guess.
Vaccine passports interesting. Removing folks rights to move freely, and stop them doing what they want, we do live in a democracy, do we not.
Why is it not possible for normal healthy folk to build up natural immunity, whilst giving those in need a jab.
Why would the poor sod not be able to get a vaccine?

There are a large number of countries that you can’t enter without a Yellow Fever vaccine as I said before. No difference,
Because natural immunity is not as effective as vaccinated immunity according to every scientist in this case.
All sorts of reasons. Lots of people can’t have them due to, for example, a compromised immune system.
Genuinely don’t understand the Issue. If you’re not scared of catching the virus, why on earth would you refuse the vaccine which carries the ability to provoke your immune system to recognise the virus and destroy it without you running the risk of becoming ill?
Do you get vaccines for Hepatitis, or Typhoid, or Tetanus?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back