• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Get vaccinated or stay home

Cardiffjack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Yep. And you can still sit in your home or car without a vaccine. No one is suggesting it is mandatory. Just that there will be things you can’t do, Same as for smoking.

The smoking laws were introduced by the government not unilaterally by companies (apart from where smoking is dangerous)

Yes. As I’ve already said, the vaccine is not likely to be mandatory so smoking is more strictly dealt with than that will be.

Interesting you’ve suddenly decided that a right to choose is important though. Just not for women eh?

Londonlisa2001 said:
Cardiffjack said:
The smoking laws were introduced by the government not unilaterally by companies (apart from where smoking is dangerous)

Yes. As I’ve already said, the vaccine is not likely to be mandatory so smoking is more strictly dealt with than that will be.

Interesting you’ve suddenly decided that a right to choose is important though. Just not for women eh?
Just not for a woman ?

Cardiffjack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Just not for a woman ?

You’re previously argued long and hard against a woman’s right to choose to have an abortion haven’t you?

Londonlisa2001 said:
Cardiffjack said:
Just not for a woman ?

You’re previously argued long and hard against a woman’s right to choose to have an abortion haven’t you?
[/quote

No. I’d see it more as trying to protect an unborn baby. Some may call it murder.

Just like if someone intentionally infecting a vulnerable person with the coronavirus.

karnataka said:
Jack2jack said:
Fair enoughski, would you also feel happy if everyone on the flight had built up an immunity to the virus.
My issue is freedom of choice, whether or not to have the vaccine, and how that affects ones freedom of movement or anyone's for that matter. I hope iam not treading a long and lonely path here, seems that way at the moment. Why should anyone be denied anything because they don't feel comfortable getting a vaccine, and there are all sorts of reason for not doing so.
I also wonder why over 2 million folk were allowed to wander back into the UK early doors, at arguably the height of this Pandemic,that's another debate.
Like I said the OP was regarding the possibility of vaccine passports, and travel movement without one. I just think we are on dangerous ground here.
The travel industry and countries who rely on travel has been decimated during this time, why would they bring further restrictions to further hurt themselves, it doesn't make sense, and I would hazard a guess that they U turn on it.

Yes, I would be happy going on a flight if everyone had built up an immunity to the virus, provided they were able to verify it. What's the difference? You either verify you've had a vaccination or you verify you have immunity then you're ok to fly?

" Why should anyone be denied anything because they don't feel comfortable getting a vaccine?" Because, whatever their reasons, they would always have the potential to infect others, it's really no more complicated than that.

If the vaccine take up in this country is, let's just say, 70%, who do you think the airlines will be trying to attract onto their planes? The 70% they know are safe or the 30% they know would present some unknown degree of risk?
So there is a choice now, verify you've had the virus or produce a passport, that's great, from what I can see on here everyone is advocating, get a vaccine or don't go about your business or at least have restriction imposed. But hang on you can get the virus twice, three times, so what do you do now, yep get vaccinated, see where its going.
I'm out on this one chaps and lady chaps, don't think we will ever see eye to eye on this.
I respect everyone's right to either have or not to have a vaccine.

Jack2jack said:
karnataka said:
Yes, I would be happy going on a flight if everyone had built up an immunity to the virus, provided they were able to verify it. What's the difference? You either verify you've had a vaccination or you verify you have immunity then you're ok to fly?

" Why should anyone be denied anything because they don't feel comfortable getting a vaccine?" Because, whatever their reasons, they would always have the potential to infect others, it's really no more complicated than that.

If the vaccine take up in this country is, let's just say, 70%, who do you think the airlines will be trying to attract onto their planes? The 70% they know are safe or the 30% they know would present some unknown degree of risk?
So there is a choice now, verify you've had the virus or produce a passport, that's great, from what I can see on here everyone is advocating, get a vaccine or don't go about your business or at least have restriction imposed. But hang on you can get the virus twice, three times, so what do you do now, yep get vaccinated, see where its going.
I'm out on this one chaps and lady chaps, don't think we will ever see eye to eye on this.
I respect everyone's right to either have or not to have a vaccine.

I respect their choice as well. I wouldn’t agree with the vaccine being mandatory. But I think everyone that can do, should take it.

A Venn diagram with one circle being 'Lockdown doesn't work/isn't needed' and the other being 'I'm not taking a vaccine' would be great. Anyone in the intersection can be packed off to live on an island together or something to keep the rest of us safe.

Cardiffjack said:
karnataka said:

The airlines would also lose out by insisting on being vaccinated.

How would they lose out? If there's a 70% uptake of the vaccination, the airlines would get 70% of their UK market back at a stroke provided they made vaccination a condition. At the moment, they're running at 12.6% so I'm sure they'd be absolutely delighted with the possibility of 70% and they'll only get that 70% by refusing permission to the other 30%.

karnataka said:
Cardiffjack said:
The airlines would also lose out by insisting on being vaccinated.

How would they lose out? If there's a 70% uptake of the vaccination, the airlines would get 70% of their UK market back at a stroke provided they made vaccination a condition. At the moment, they're running at 12.6% so I'm sure they'd be absolutely delighted with the possibility of 70% and they'll only get that 70% by refusing permission to the other 30%.
If lets say I’d just 20 % of people decided not to get vaccinated that will mean 13,400,000 potential customers the airlines would lose straight away and that’s just in the U.K. Throughout Europe you be looking at possibly 100,000,000 lost costumers.

And 20 % is a lower estimate, probably be over 30 %

Cardiffjack said:
karnataka said:
If lets say I’d just 20 % of people decided not to get vaccinated that will mean 13,400,000 potential customers the airlines would lose straight away and that’s just in the U.K. Throughout Europe you be looking at possibly 100,000,000 lost costumers.

I still reckon they'd rather have 70% than 30%. Just a hunch.

karnataka said:
Cardiffjack said:

I still reckon they'd rather have 70% than 30%. Just a hunch.

What are you talking about ? It’s not about 70 or 30 %. You have to go on pre-coronavirus numbers, and if 20 or 30 % decide not to get vaccinated, any business that insists on vaccination to use/enter that business will lose a huge amount of customers.

Every now and again I come across posts like this from people like this that indicate to me that modern medicine is wasted on some members of the population, I was born in 1961 in the Rhondda everyone was forced to be vaccinated against Smallpox due to a massive epidemic in the valleys. Smallpox has virtually been eliminated in the world.

The attitude of DGT is one of the reasons this country is in the state it is ...F u I’m alright jack. Selfish idiots.

It pretty simple to me. No one will be forced to have a vaccine but those who choose not to are going to have to accept that some things are likely to be off limits to them. Their choice of course.

Pacemaker said:
Every now and again I come across posts like this from people like this that indicate to me that modern medicine is wasted on some members of the population, I was born in 1961 in the Rhondda everyone was forced to be vaccinated against Smallpox due to a massive epidemic in the valleys. Smallpox has virtually been eliminated in the world.

The attitude of DGT is one of the reasons this country is in the state it is ...F u I’m alright jack. Selfish idiots.
Are you comparing smallpox to a virus that has a 99.7 % survival rate and the average age of death is 82 ?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back