• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glammy County Championship

TheLoneRanger said:
I thought Carlson captained the side brilliantly - they need to keep Lloyd away from it. Salter bowled tidy, but doesn't look as though he's going to take another wicket again in his career. :lol:

Carlson should have given himself a few overs - he's taken a few wickets this season.

That wicket was absolutely sh1te most of the match - and flattened out this afternoon where the new Aussie sponge ball :lol: done fvck all.

Yes Carlson for me too, Lloyd should be going in at four for me too when fit, disappointing for me that we have the nucleus of a decent middle order and one county standard class bowler, but very little else...

I said at the start of the season we were 2 quality bowlers short of a good team and I stick by it if everyones fit. No doubt we’ve been unlucky with injuries but to have to play 2 makeshift openers because we have not 1 1st team batsman who isn’t in the starting 11 seems like poor planning to me. That said I think zain looks like he could play there but an investment in his development up top would be required. We need a quick bowler, a seasoned county seamer or spinner and another quality batsman who’s in the first 11 or knocking the door down for a spot.

Of course this is only my opinion, which on occasion, has been proven to be of lesser value than a 1991 bottle of happy shopper limeade

Flippant question and scenario. As the Cardiff Assembly have visibly robbed Swansea of first class cricket, is it possible to have another County of Swansea cricket club set up and playing from St Helens with the ambition of becoming a first class county side?

jack_lord said:
Flippant question and scenario. As the Cardiff Assembly have visibly robbed Swansea of first class cricket, is it possible to have another County of Swansea cricket club set up and playing from St Helens with the ambition of becoming a first class county side?

I'd get behind it, but I'd doubt the government would approve

jack_lord said:

Swansea Cricket Club still play out of St Helens and could possibly change thier name to County of Swansea Cricket Club, but would have to apply for Minor County status then play at Minor County level.
But even if that scenario was possible, and it probably isn't, it would never get off the ground unfortunately.

Glammy chasing 200, 132/7 after 12 overs.
Carlson 77.

151 all out in 16th over after being 95/1 in the 6th over. 🙄

Muteswan said:
151 all out in 16th over after being 95/1 in the 6th over. 🙄

Predicable Mute, as long as the members are willing to put up with Mark Wallace and Hugh Morris's bullshit nothing will change, Maynard and David Harrison will still be gamefully employed to watch over mostly county standard pie chuckers and fag-end old pro's picking up a decent wage.

Expecting Robert Croft to be back in the fold next season too :lol: :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
No great loss in all honesty.

Fair enough, but very surprising all the same. I hope as captain he’s one of the bigger earners and this allows us to recruit a quality replacement. We need 2 batsmen and 2 bowlers for next season if we want to challenge for promotion. They must be first team players at their club as both Podmore and Harris have been disappointing, taken on as we thought there was potential there, but it hasn’t been realised as yet for me!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back