• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Glammy 2022 thread

Swanjaxs said:
TheLoneRanger said:
"Timm van der Gugten, Billy Root and Jamie McIlroy have all signed new two-year contracts."

"While Callum Taylor and Andy Gorvin have signed one-year deals."

"Cardiff-born batter Tom Bevan has also signed a two-year contract."

Jamie McIlroy is a suprise with a 2 year contract, would be a worry if they are looking for him to be a permanent fixture next season.
Yes agreed, it’s handy having a leftie in the team for the shorter format stuff but I don’t think he’s got the pace to worry batsman in the championship. Given the players released we need to sign probably 3 bowlers I reckon. Let’s hope they are quality because we’ll struggle without hoges

TheLoneRanger said:
https://glamorgancricket.com/news/ingram-pens-new-two-year-deal

Wouldn't normally applaud giving a 37 year old Ingram a two year deal, especially given his reluctance to favour the red ball game these past few years, but the cupboard seems to be a little bare so far for next season.
Harry Podmore is apparently coming in to shore up the bowling attack, a decent enough signing...

Before my time but I enjoyed this little gem anyway ✨

https://youtu.be/rLQQ8cEDgQg

TheLoneRanger said:
Hogan's contract had finished and he was retiring and flying home to Australia to be with his family. 🤔

Money talks!!

He's been great for Glamorgan - good luck to him.

Or he wanted to keep the Kent move quiet until after his benefit season had finished... (just over a 100k) 🤔

In fairness to Hogan he was heavily wanted by Surrey a few seasons ago playing in Div 1, he stayed with us.
I have respect for him.

dickythorpe said:
In fairness to Hogan he was heavily wanted by Surrey a few seasons ago playing in Div 1, he stayed with us.
I have respect for him.

Aye fair enough Dicky, he's been a great servant, but was watching the last day of the Sussex match and the Glamorgan commentator said it was the last session for Michael Hogan's first class career when the Sussex commentator chipped in "well for Glamorgan anyway"
Thought that a bit of a strange thing to say at the time...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back