• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glammy County Championship

Fair play Glamorgan cricket is a mess, at least Morris is going at the end of the season I suppose...

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/hugh-morris-mbe-to-step-down-as-glamorgan-chief-executive#:~:text=Glamorgan%20County%20Cricket%20Club%20has,the%20end%20of%20this%20year.

Any reckless gamblers out there? Now's about the time to back Glamorgan.

Obviously Glamorgan have only a tiny hope of winning this, but they've a recognised batsman at the crease. However that batsman is simply taking every available single, exposing a selection of wobbly tailenders to the Worcestershire pacemen. It looks to be a brainless plan. Why doesn't Root at least have a go and attack?

Edit: blimey. Nine wickets down and he's finally trying to protect his batting partner.

Same old Glummy...

Right, now that the dinosaur Morris has finally decided to stop stealing a living big changes need to be made.
A CEO must be brought in that hasn't any connections with GCCC and the coaching staff all need to be relieved of thier duties, a new coaching set up needs to be put in place for next season, again that has no connection to GCCC, the jobs for the boys mentality must end for good, then perhaps we can move forward...

tim.healings said:
So is it the coaching that’s the problem?

Yes for the younger players, then again you can only get so much out of youngsters with limited talent, the worrying trend is the recruitment of sub standard or past thier best senior players, and that's Morris, Wallace and Maynard's fault.
Also, the money that was spent on the white elephant that is Sophia Gardens just to chase the odd ODI and T20 international almost broke Glamorgan financially, if it wasn't for the Welsh assembly bailing GCCC out Morris wouldn't have had a club to run.
Time for long overdue change, from top to bottom...

Swanjaxs said:
Yes for the younger players, then again you can only get so much out of youngsters with limited talent, the worrying trend is the recruitment of sub standard or past thier best senior players, and that's Morris, Wallace and Maynard's fault.
Also, the money that was spent on the white elephant that is Sophia Gardens just to chase the odd ODI and T20 international almost broke Glamorgan financially, if it wasn't for the Welsh assembly bailing GCCC out Morris wouldn't have had a club to run.
Time for long overdue change, from top to bottom...

Hope you’re right. I reckon the facts are we’re not a club with an abundance of funds and hence we simply can’t compete with the likes of Surrey et al to attract the cream of the county circuit. I believe that drove the decision to upgrade Sophia gardens with a view to achieving greater income and ultimately growth as a county side, but then, I’ve been wrong before

tim.healings said:
Hope you’re right. I reckon the facts are we’re not a club with an abundance of funds and hence we simply can’t compete with the likes of Surrey et al to attract the cream of the county circuit. I believe that drove the decision to upgrade Sophia gardens with a view to achieving greater income and ultimately growth as a county side, but then, I’ve been wrong before

They borrowed £16M in 2006 to redevelop the ground, which included £6.4M from Cardiff Council - who themselves have already written off £4.4M of that loan in 2015!!

Glamorgan have received a £2.5m payment from the ECB not to bid to host England Test matches between 2020 and 2024.

Picking up mediocre county discards has been the Glamorgan way for as long as I've been following them. I've always assumed they've been operating on an inferior budget.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back