• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Goggi's Cuisine Penllergaer (Awesome Curry)

Professor said:
dickythorpe said:
Karahi? What's that Bryn?
And what beverage did you pair it up with?

Lassi for believers, IPA should be the choice for us infidels. Because that is what it was brewed for (soldiers on the subcontinent) with extra hops for preservation to allow shipping from Burton to Imperial India. A chilled Thornbridge Jaipur would be my choice.

Didn’t know they added hops to make IPA, I’d always assumed it was killed beer.

airedale said:
Professor said:
Lassi for believers, IPA should be the choice for us infidels. Because that is what it was brewed for (soldiers on the subcontinent) with extra hops for preservation to allow shipping from Burton to Imperial India. A chilled Thornbridge Jaipur would be my choice.

Hops, or an alkaloid in them, have an antimicrobial activity so were originally added to preserve beer rather than add flavour. India Pale Ale (IPA) was brewed with a higher hop content so a 'British beer' could be shipped to our boys in the Raj without spoilage.

Had Chicken Tarka last week, similar to Tikka except it's a little 'otter.

Used to have Chicken Korai before. Chicken with, tomatoes, peppers and onions. Very nice.
Get home one night and there's no veg, just lots of chicken. Couldn't work it out until I realised the new owners were from Wolverhampton.

Professor said:
airedale said:

Hops, or an alkaloid in them, have an antimicrobial activity so were originally added to preserve beer rather than add flavour. India Pale Ale (IPA) was brewed with a higher hop content so a 'British beer' could be shipped to our boys in the Raj without spoilage.

Right. Coincidentally, I googled ‘White Shield’ earlier to see if it was still made, it is, and I was totally gobsmacked to read that they started brewing it in 1829 primarily for the Raj types. As I posted before, I always assumed that India Pale Ale was supplied to India in a form where there was no sediment to aid with shipping. Well we’ll, you keep on learning don’t you.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back