• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Graham Thorpe RIP

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
I remember something from a couple of years ago about him being unwell but didn’t really hear anything since.

A cricketing great taken far too early at 55. Will fondly remember him through the back end of the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Really saddened by his passing. I played against him in a friendly when he turned out for his club Farnham in a Sunday friendly. Decent guy and down to earth.

Shocking news, was a cracking cricketer, its very sad news for Cricket, and desperately very sad for his family.

RIP, Graham Thorpe.

Was diagnosed with an illness 2 years ago, was listening to Phil De Freitas on Talksport this morning and he said he and others tried to talk to him to offer support but he couldn't be contacted.
Not the most technically correct batsmen but made up for it with sheer determination and grit, one of the best England have had. Rest easy.

Was diagnosed with an illness 2 years ago, was listening to Phil De Freitas on Talksport this morning and he said he and others tried to talk to him to offer support but he couldn't be contacted.
Not the most technically correct batsmen but made up for it with sheer determination and grit, one of the best England have had. Rest easy.
So he has basically shut himself off from public life since a diagnosis?

I hope he took some comfort from it, poor bloke.
It seems the break-up of his first marriage affected him greatly, read a tribute to him in the Guardian today where Michael Atherton touched on how he struggled to deal with things in his personal life, poor bloke.

It seems the break-up of his first marriage affected him greatly, read a tribute to him in the Guardian today where Michael Atherton touched on how he struggled to deal with things in his personal life, poor bloke.

So so sad, RIP Graham.

Arghh heck, a truly sad tale of events. Absolutely gutted that he wasn’t able to fight off the demons.

Truly tragic story. The only thing I'd say is despite the demons he had, why couldn't the the thought of his kids drag him back ?

That news has hit hard this morning.
Had struggles with mental health most of my adult life. It's impossible to describe how low and utterly helpless you can feel at times. As the old saying goes, one of the biggest lies in the World is "I'm fine".

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back