• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Graham Mansfield not guilty of murder

DJack said:
Glyn1 said:
This might get awkward, so this will be my only contribution to this debate. If slitting someone's throat means cutting through the windpipe, which channels air rather than blood, then that's horrible. But they both researched this so I hope that they cut the arteries which are at the sides of the head. I feel sick talking about this. And yes, we should be allowed to have euthanasia. Personally, I want it for myself when I reach that stage in my life.

The elephant in the room. Death is horrible (to the living) however it is actuated... but it is the eventuality, it is the fact of life AND it should be our choice of how and when, if necesssary.

We agree on almost everything, except the how part, make euthanasia legal and in a controlled environment, slitting your loved ones throat to end thier life doesn't sit right with me, even if it was agreed by both.
Anyway, this gentleman was allowed to walk free from court so that's an end to it.
What I will add is if you took your pet to the vets and they advised euthanasia, and you asked if they could cut the animals throat, what do you think their reaction would be.

exiledclaseboy said:
I don’t agree with making euthanasia legal.

And I absolutely respect that, personally I would like to be able to explore a peaceful end to my life if I were to become terminally ill, but yes a very emotive subject.

Swanjaxs said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I don’t agree with making euthanasia legal.

And I absolutely respect that, personally I would like to be able to explore a peaceful end to my life if I were to become terminally ill, but yes a very emotive subject.

I’ve no issue with anyone wanting to end their life in those circumstances, it’s entirely understandable. I do think that allowing someone else to help and the law sanctioning it would be rife for abuse regardless of how many safeguards are put in place.

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:

I’ve no issue with anyone wanting to end their life in those circumstances, it’s entirely understandable. I do think that allowing someone else to help and the law sanctioning it would be rife for abuse regardless of how many safeguards are put in place.

Then we agree 100%.
When I say legalise euthanasia it has to be done clinically under authorisation and by qualified professionals.

Swanjaxs said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Then we agree 100%.
When I say legalise euthanasia it has to be done clinically under authorisation and by qualified professionals.

Don’t agree but it’s an emotive subject and all views are valid. There’s no real right or wrong in this one.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/homicide-murder-and-manslaughter

This is what his defence team would’ve run. Essentially diminished responsibility, wasn’t in his right mind. The method of killing her was neither here nor there.

Not entirely convinced to be honest, but I didn’t sit through the trial.

Few bits that just don’t ring true. Not least he won’t kill himself now because she wouldn't have wanted it. Wasn’t that his entire defence ? That it was a mutual pact?

If I asked someone to kill me I’d make bloody sure I’d written it down as well.

I think he may well have got away with it.

Can I ask about pensions?
I was auto-enrolled into one.

Does that mean I automatically have life insurance/assurance if I die before retire?

I have nominated my partner, which is something I have learnt from bitter experience so many fail to do.

Londonlisa2001 said:

Few bits that just don’t ring true. Not least he won’t kill himself now because she wouldn't have wanted it. Wasn’t that his entire defence ? That it was a mutual pact?

Of course he did, good barrister most probably.

dickythorpe said:
Can I ask about pensions?
I was auto-enrolled into one.

Does that mean I automatically have life insurance/assurance if I die before retire?

I have nominated my partner, which is something I have learnt from bitter experience so many fail to do.

You are likely to have a death in service benefit included and I would encourage you to find out what that is.

Londonlisa2001 said:

I’m also fairly certain that you wouldn’t chose the option of having a knife taken to your throat. That’s the part I fail to get my head around the most.

Sirjohnalot said:

This is what his defence team would’ve run. Essentially diminished responsibility, wasn’t in his right mind. The method of killing her was neither here nor there.

How can they go for diminished responsibility when apparently it was all a chosen act by the couple? Surely question marks should have been raised by the prosecution why on earth didn't the poor deceased lady co sign the suicide letter? Especially reading the bbc report 3 knives and a lump hammer were found nearby.
Apar
There may have well been a suicide pact, my guess is though, once the husband carried out the act, and was distraught, he just couldn't carry out the act on himself.

I don't blame him, nobody should ever be put in that position.

jack123 said:
Sirjohnalot said:

How can they go for diminished responsibility when apparently it was all a chosen act by the couple? Surely question marks should have been raised by the prosecution why on earth didn't the poor deceased lady co sign the suicide letter? Especially reading the bbc report 3 knives and a lump hammer were found nearby.
Apar
There may have well been a suicide pact, my guess is though, once the husband carried out the act, and was distraught, he just couldn't carry out the act on himself.

Or he just bumped her off and played the diminished responsibility card...

Good barrister see, lovely people they are

Swanjaxs said:
jack123 said:
Apar

Or he just bumped her off and played the diminished responsibility card...

Good barrister see, lovely people they are

I hope not, I read a report of the autopsy and she would not have lasted very long, 4 weeks? So there would be nothing for him to gain by just killing a dying person. I think Euthanasia opens up an absolute minefield, as you can see here DIY and doubts are casted..

It's sad, that you could be put in a position like this, just for doing what your partner wants? But unless you do things legally, you will always be open to any interpretation from the public, only they know.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back