• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Graham Thorpe RIP

Truly tragic story. The only thing I'd say is despite the demons he had, why couldn't the the thought of his kids drag him back ?
Because he really thought they'd be better off without him Saint. That's what this disease does, completely makes you unable to think in what others would describe as a rational fashion. I've seen it a fair bit (in others) in the past. All the factors are internal, not external. It's heartbreaking.

Because he really thought they'd be better off without him Saint. That's what this disease does, completely makes you unable to think in what others would describe as a rational fashion. I've seen it a fair bit (in others) in the past. All the factors are internal, not external. It's heartbreaking.
Great post buddy, even so...yer kids mun.

Its really shocking and very very sad!

My heart goes out to his family God bless them.

RIP Graham Thorpe

Graham Thorpe was struck by train as England cricket legend took own life

He'd tried to commit suicide 2 years ago, when he was due to take over the Afghanistan cricket team - and spent a long time in intensive care.

He'd tried to commit suicide 2 years ago, when he was due to take over the Afghanistan cricket team - and spent a long time in intensive care.
Its a heart breaking story it really is, a very successful man with a loving family, but he still couldn't overcome his demons, but we got people who deride mental illness, some people are clueless totally clueless!

Awful, just awful.

Such a sad story for all those concerned.

I’ve said it a hundred times on here before, but the availability of suitable and effective mental health care in the country is an absolute scandal.

Do you know how many people in the construction industry alone take their own life? Two people every working day!

If those were accident related fatalities, the HSE would close the industry down overnight until something was done.

It’s okay talking about it, raising awareness etc, but it’s the doing something which is missing.

RIP Graham and all those other tortured souls that see this as their only way out.

Absolutely outstanding job. A fitting tribute.

That's a fitting tribute. Up the with the best wall art I have seen.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back