• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes emerges as target for Sheffield United

He was never going to miss a game as captain. He keeps himself out of harms way for the most part - for me he does very little in some games and is average for the most part. It’s why Downes went for 12 million and nobody wanted captain fantastic grimes even on a free.

The shackles of a team where he has had to assume a vast amount of defensive responsibility and the instinct to look up and play the forward passes to players with pace and movement and energy have been missing for several years. While Grimes has never been and likely never will be a creative attacking midfielder in the Sigurdsson mould he is certainly capable of being the distributor who gets the ball to the creative players in the mould of Bodde who was largely able to do so because of having the ever dependable Leon Britton behind him.
Wow, I know he can pull of the odd good forward pass but very few and far between. Hanging around the back four and rarely venturing over the halfway line doesn’t equate to “assuming a vast amount of defensive responsibility”

Yep. Between those who watch the game and notice what he does and those who want the moon on a stick. He’s fine. Obviously not PL quality and I’ve no idea why he’s criticised for not being PL quality.
Coughlan and Cornforth weren’t PL quality either but they wore their hearts on their sleeves as players.

West Brom v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back