• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Harassment of women at football matches.

Personally I think it’s wrong to label this as a football issue. It’s very easy to shift the blame onto a very small part of society and somewhat damaging because it fails to address the real issues.

You could probably have written the exact same article on nightclubs, public transport, workplaces. Until society as a whole changes then nothing will change much in football.

Dewi1jack said:
Neath_Jack said:
Always to easy to blame the parents, and one I couldn't disagree with more, even if i tried. Especially seeing as you've thrown in the word "snowflake".

It's a classic lazy mantra, similar to those that say people can't be struggling financially as they've got a big TV or mobile phone. Most of the homophobic or misogynistic things I've read on Swansea forums have come from men who are 40 / 50 + years of age.

So parents ignoring bad behaviour in their kids is ok?
We went from one bad extreme in parenting and schools(cane, smacking etc) to the other end where you explain why someone shouldn't do something wrong, but with no adequate punishment.
Until the parents of today can find a sort of middle ground, then I don't see a way forward.

You sum it up.
Jump on the word snowflake, and ignore anything else.

Who said parents ignoring bad behaviour is okay? You've just made that up.

You keep blaming parents, and I'll say again, that is just lazy nonsense. Especially so when you throw around snowflake.

How do you explain all those criminals that come from very strict upbringings?

Re The Parents.

It’s probably where most of them learn it.

Quite a lot of these coked up, inebriated goons at football matches are in well paid employment, so don't know where the lack of parental guidance part comes into harassing women, trying to mind thier own business before, during and after a game

Neath_Jack said:
Dewi1jack said:
So parents ignoring bad behaviour in their kids is ok?
We went from one bad extreme in parenting and schools(cane, smacking etc) to the other end where you explain why someone shouldn't do something wrong, but with no adequate punishment.
Until the parents of today can find a sort of middle ground, then I don't see a way forward.

You sum it up.
Jump on the word snowflake, and ignore anything else.

You keep blaming parents, and I'll say again, that is just lazy nonsense. Especially so when you throw around snowflake.

How do you explain crime figures climbing much higher than previously over the last 2 decades?
Or general behaviour seemingly getting worse?

How many criminals come from strict upbringing? Be interesting as you seem to know by the comment

Have to think honestly here.
Trouble at football decreases, but just seems to have moved to the pubs and clubs more than I remember when I was in my 20s/ 30s.

And i used to frequent such quiet clubs as Dirty Doras🤣

Dewi1jack said:
Neath_Jack said:

How do you explain crime figures climbing much higher than previously over the last 2 decades?

How many criminals come from strict upbringing? Be interesting as you seem to know by the comment

Trouble at football decreases, but just seems to have moved to the pubs and clubs more than I remember when I was in my 20s/ 30s.

But that's the point, trouble at football matches is increasing at an alarming rate, and the root cause seems to be the use of cocaine, and that's coming from the police federation.

I’m not sure how you can blame parents for the behaviour of 40 and 50 something “lads” at football who were raised on 1980s terrace culture and refuse to grow the fuck up.

Dewi1jack said:
Neath_Jack said:

I'll hold myself and several of my mates us to having a strict upbringing.

I'll give you an increase in poverty, Tory government, drugs, alcohol, abusive parents, greed, take your pick.

Trouble at the football is on the rise by the way.

And Dora's was never rough, had plenty of character, but rough? Not having it, I used to be there every Friday for years. There would be more trouble, week on week at the scabby abbey in Neath.

exiledclaseboy said:
I’m not sure how you can blame parents for the behaviour of 40 and 50 something “lads” at football who were raised on 1980s terrace culture and refuse to grow the f**k up.

I did think the other day of how bizarre that anyone that had no experience of football would find grown adults, often middle aged and older chanting much of the stuff that gets chanted. Childish, impossibly stupid, offensive and pathetic. I stopped going away because of the undercurrent of drunken 'lad' behaviour. I remember some of the vile things chanted at Delia Smith at Norwich, and some of the things our own physio Kate had to endure (to be fair she seemed to laugh it all off, but still, zero respect, and who knows how she really felt). When we won the cup some pissed up lumps of shit in front of us were even trying to start a fight as the players were collecting the cup.

The whole culture of football in the UK is unpleasant. If I really stop to think about it, I'm not sure I want our football club to win and make some of these arseholes happy, so I don't stop to think about it. Silver lining now I suppose :lol:

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Football is just a microcosm of the wider society in the UK.

I don’t agree with that. The demographics at football matches say otherwise.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Football is just a microcosm of the wider society in the UK.
I'd go along with that,and I'll tell you why, respect, it's gone.
And social media has played a huge part in this, you see folk can sit in their bed sits and abuse folk from afar without recourse in most cases, and this has spilled out into society.
I'm sure some will rip this arguement apart, but it's about respect for me, simple as.

My take on the harassment of women at football, especially on "away days" still stands, a bunch of entitled middle classed dickheads, in their 30's 40's and 50's wearing designer clothing, bevvied up and some on the gear, cock waving in front of women.
End. Of.

Swanjaxs said:
Dewi1jack said:

But that's the point, trouble at football matches is increasing at an alarming rate, and the root cause seems to be the use of cocaine, and that's coming from the police federation.

The police federation dealing in cocaine is a twist I didn't see coming :shock:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back