• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Has Martin Bashir killed the BBC

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Has Bashir damaged the reputation of the BBC beyond repair and given its enemies the tools to destroy it for good.

I have always supported the BBC and it has been my media of choice for news and reporting of interesting stories and different points of view.

I have never been a fan of the royals and monarchy and the Diana Panorama report was of no interest to me, but do the allegations made against the BBC and Bashir place the BBC in the gutter with the rest of the rubbish press?

Will it’s enemies use these allegations to cut funding and the TV licence? Has the impartial, independent voice now gone from the media?

I wouldn’t have thought it should matter much. but it will be amusing to see those that defend and froth at the mouth at any criticism of the duplicitous Bojo the Clown Circus crying the hardest over it, the snowflakes.

Darran said:
I don’t know but I don’t think anyone can deny the majority of programmes on the BBC these days are dreadful.

I think that's the same everywhere now. With all these streaming platforms clamouring for original programming, the talent available is being spread very thin. People the Beeb could have commissioned to do something for them at the drop of a hat are now working on shows for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, CBS All Access and so on, as are the actors they would have been able to cast.

I'm sure there's a clever quote from someone about having a wealth of choices, but most of the choices are unfortunately a bit shit.

As for Bashir, I doubt he'll kill the BBC as even Jimmy Saville didn't do that, but it'll do a lot of harm if the accusations are proven. Certainly anyone involved in it who's still around should be sacked.

Darran said:
I don’t know but I don’t think anyone can deny the majority of programmes on the BBC these days are dreadful.

I think they've gone too far in the whole "balance" thing. Putting cùnts like Farage on against experts and that prick Sikora just to give lunatics a voice is what's got us in this mess. They need to start being a lot more brutal and call out lies relentlessly.

And Kuenssberg needs to up her game or go.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back