• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Heading to the pub?

When do you envisage your first post lockdown visit to the pub?

• This week

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • This weekend

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Within the next fortnight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later than July

Votes: 28 82.4%

• Total voters
Judging by the asswipes crowding together outside Noah's the past two weeks, I'll be giving pubs a wide berth for a long time.

Whilst on the subject, why haven't the licencing authority been clamping down on licensees like Noah for not policing his premises in regards to social distancing?

Yeah, I'd love to get out, but at the moment, doesn't look like it's going to be much fun, there's a video I watched earlier on Wales Online, about Hogarths planned reopening inside next week, and it's a no from me!! After a couple of pints I would get chucked out, too many rules, and definitely no fun!l

Maybe I'm over the top but I've no intention of going into a pub in an area I'm not from.
Until " all is well" I just don't trust the personal hygiene of unknowns.

Cooperman said:
BrynCartwright said:
Coops- I've been drinking a bottle or two of your favourite tipple at home of an evening.....Staropramen in 660ml bottles from Tesco...bloody lush.

Iawn Iawn!!

Outstanding, Bryn.

It’s on tap in The White, Felinfoel, and that’s the reason we nipped out yesterday tea time. A tremendous beverage and my beer of choice from 2018, 2019 and now through 2020. The less common 330ml are even better as they stay cooler throughout the entire bottle; 660’s on a warm day can go just a tiny bit off by the time you hit the dregs of the bottle. World problems, eh?

I shall be knocking work on the head today by about 5pm ish and making a similar dash to the pub for the proverbial swift half.

Coops, what a revelation Staropramen is proving to be!
Sales have gone through the roof with us in the last 2 weeks.
I'm not sure how long it will last but the booze sales have been phenomenal!!
Massive thanks to all who have supported us in these absolutely crazy bonkers times!!!

Staropramen is a very good Czech pilsner, but there are better.It doesn't seem to travel well by bottle either, much better on draft.

Pilsner Urquell the original pils is better imo and is brewed in the Czech republic

controversial_jack said:
Staropramen is a very good Czech pilsner, but there are better.It doesn't seem to travel well by bottle either, much better on draft.

Pilsner Urquell the original pils is better imo and is brewed in the Czech republic

I have done my fair share of comparing Pilsner Urquell and I keep coming back to Staropramen each time.

Cooperman said:
controversial_jack said:

I have done my fair share of comparing Pilsner Urquell and I keep coming back to Staropramen each time.

They pour Staropramen with contempt in the CR. Massive head, half a glass. Still the best pint I've ever had.

BanosSwan said:
Cooperman said:

They pour Staropramen with contempt in the CR. Massive head, half a glass. Still the best pint I've ever had.

The Czechs don't really rate Staropramen, but they have so many different brands. Gambrinus seems to be preferred by the locals in Prague

controversial_jack said:
BanosSwan said:

The Czechs don't really rate Staropramen, but they have so many different brands. Gambrinus seems to be preferred by the locals in Prague

That may be so but until it comes on tap in The White Lion then I’m sticking with Staropramen.

dickythorpe said:
Cooperman said:
Outstanding, Bryn.

It’s on tap in The White, Felinfoel, and that’s the reason we nipped out yesterday tea time. A tremendous beverage and my beer of choice from 2018, 2019 and now through 2020. The less common 330ml are even better as they stay cooler throughout the entire bottle; 660’s on a warm day can go just a tiny bit off by the time you hit the dregs of the bottle. World problems, eh?

I shall be knocking work on the head today by about 5pm ish and making a similar dash to the pub for the proverbial swift half.

Coops, what a revelation Staropramen is proving to be!
Sales have gone through the roof with us in the last 2 weeks.
I'm not sure how long it will last but the booze sales have been phenomenal!!
Massive thanks to all who have supported us in these absolutely crazy bonkers times!!!

I hope the upturn continues across all sections of the business, Dicky.

Cooperman said:
controversial_jack said:

That may be so but until it comes on tap in The White Lion then I’m sticking with Staropramen.
Coops. Last weekend I did some kayaking down by Tenby with my cousin camping at Penally Court Farm. The Cross in Penally had a lovely pint of Staro, as did The Hope and Anchor, and the Sailing Club in Tenby. The Sailing Club in particular was just so friendly. Hell of a pint. Need to get more places this way stocking it.

Staro is 2 for £4 in co-op and I've heard 3 for £5 in Tesco. 660ml bottles.

Very refreshing 👍🍺

BrynCartwright said:
Cooperman said:
Coops. Last weekend I did some kayaking down by Tenby with my cousin camping at Penally Court Farm. The Cross in Penally had a lovely pint of Staro, as did The Hope and Anchor, and the Sailing Club in Tenby. The Sailing Club in particular was just so friendly. Hell of a pint. Need to get more places this way stocking it.

Hell of a pint, indeed and I hope they served it to you in a Staropramen pint glass. My local has it on tap.

dickythorpe said:
Staro is 2 for £4 in co-op and I've heard 3 for £5 in Tesco. 660ml bottles.

Very refreshing 👍🍺

The Tesco offer has been around for a good few months. The 660mls are only bettered by two 330's; by the time you get to the bottom of the 330ml it's still at fridge temp and hasn't started going flat. 660's on a hot day in the garden can just start to turn for the last mouthful or two :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back