• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Heading to the pub?

When do you envisage your first post lockdown visit to the pub?

• This week

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • This weekend

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Within the next fortnight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later than July

Votes: 28 82.4%

• Total voters
Toronto_Motors said:
I think this virus has already changed lives more profoundly than anything else in Peacetime.

We are and will see social patterns change,handshakes,family tactile interactions and going to the pub will be anothers that'll go for many.I'm not a big drinker and if I want a drink,I'll have one at home and if company is required ,I''ll invite people.The thought of being in a confined place ,at a bar,with people whose normal habits are filthy fills me with dread.No? Consider every time you go to a pub on a busy night ,go to the toilet and watch how few wash their hands-the most basic of thing,then waltz back to the group of chums .

Pub close?Too bad.We dont need the thousands around which were initially to water the "working man" after a hard day at the pit/works/mill/market. They closed mines/shipyards/Mills/ and whole communities were effectively wiped out with no compensation. Pubs closing en masse doesn't bother me at all.

Some say this virus is a hoax and we are too afraid and need to "man" up.Ive heard this myself,so no further evidence needed for me to keep me well away from a pub. For Johnson to open them and betting offices before the like of Gyms shows massive naievity.

I agree with you, mass stupidity is a very good reason to stay away from pubs. People can't even maintain social distancing in shops or on the street, there's no chance after a few beers never mind the hand washing thing!

I went out for an early evening pint. Sat in the beer garden which is strategically laid out in order to achieve social distancing targets, table service only, toilet traffic well policed, card payments only. Seems a quite acceptable way forward IMO, for Wales at least. I maybe wouldn't do the same if I lived in Texas or Sao Paolo.

Live in England so I've been out to pubs for the last 2 Saturday nights. My girlfriend refused to come.

Just pick your pubs carefully. Some were reasonably busy. No music, of course, which suited me because it's usually piped garbage.

Only place I felt uneasy was in a Wetherspoons which had a fair number of youthful, cheerfully drunk but pretty reckless folk. A young, pretty, dark-haired woman, the worse for wear, grabbed my sleeve and begged me to dance with her. In different circumstances, and considering I was old enough to be her granddad, I'd have been a little flattered. I immediately disengaged myself and bolted for the exit with my pint.

Sadly, it's inevitable that more pubs will close. The city where I live has a depressing dearth of what I consider to be decent pubs. I went to one of the best last Saturday - usually busy - and there were 7 people in it. The landlord, poor bugger, and his wife looked fraught and anxious, as if the executioner was awaiting.

Airedale - you've got it real bad, man 😷 😂

And Toronto - you sound like a right joyless gimp. Are you a Calvinist or summat?

FieryJack said:
Live in England so I've been out to pubs for the last 2 Saturday nights. My girlfriend refused to come.

Just pick your pubs carefully. Some were reasonably busy. No music, of course, which suited me because it's usually piped garbage.

Only place I felt uneasy was in a Wetherspoons which had a fair number of youthful, cheerfully drunk but pretty reckless folk. A young, pretty, dark-haired woman, the worse for wear, grabbed my sleeve and begged me to dance with her. In different circumstances, and considering I was old enough to be her granddad, I'd have been a little flattered. I immediately disengaged myself and bolted for the exit with my pint.

Sadly, it's inevitable that more pubs will close. The city where I live has a depressing dearth of what I consider to be decent pubs. I went to one of the best last Saturday - usually busy - and there were 7 people in it. The landlord, poor bugger, and his wife looked fraught and anxious, as if the executioner was awaiting.

And Toronto - you sound like a right joyless gimp. Are you a Calvinist or summat?

The Three Lamps ( formally The Office) in Castle Square announced it wasn't opening back up today because of Covid, first of many unfortunately

Coops- I've been drinking a bottle or two of your favourite tipple at home of an evening.....Staropramen in 660ml bottles from Tesco...bloody lush.

Iawn Iawn!!

BrynCartwright said:
Coops- I've been drinking a bottle or two of your favourite tipple at home of an evening.....Staropramen in 660ml bottles from Tesco...bloody lush.

Iawn Iawn!!

Prague, early 2000's, 80p a pint.

BanosSwan said:
BrynCartwright said:

Iawn Iawn!!

Prague, early 2000's, 80p a pint.

July 2003, my stag do, off the beaten track, 2 x beautiful days, absolutely w@nkered both days and nights , got fined by the local federalis for wearing a mankini in st wenceslas sq, not a pretty sight I can tell you😱

Beer was absolutely fantastic, obviously.

BrynCartwright said:

Iawn Iawn!!

Outstanding, Bryn.

It’s on tap in The White, Felinfoel, and that’s the reason we nipped out yesterday tea time. A tremendous beverage and my beer of choice from 2018, 2019 and now through 2020. The less common 330ml are even better as they stay cooler throughout the entire bottle; 660’s on a warm day can go just a tiny bit off by the time you hit the dregs of the bottle. World problems, eh?

I shall be knocking work on the head today by about 5pm ish and making a similar dash to the pub for the proverbial swift half.

On tap in The Smiths in Rhos also.Superb pint
Not re-opening until the 3rd
Counting the days

FieryJack said:

No,far from it.I like life and don't want it curtailed by twats who cannot keep away nor wear a mask.

Faith is private.,chum

Going this afternoon but weather looks like it may scupper it.

If I had an even half-decent pub within fifteen minutes walk I might be tempted, but it ain't the case. I will sit in my garden instead and stick with my Boss and Mumbles Brewery supplies.

Surely,having a drink with those you love and trust in your own space is better than mixing with Fuck knows who in a shithole.I ay shihole as toilets are the concern .

Cooperman said:
BrynCartwright said:

Iawn Iawn!!

Outstanding, Bryn.

It’s on tap in The White, Felinfoel, and that’s the reason we nipped out yesterday tea time. A tremendous beverage and my beer of choice from 2018, 2019 and now through 2020. The less common 330ml are even better as they stay cooler throughout the entire bottle; 660’s on a warm day can go just a tiny bit off by the time you hit the dregs of the bottle. World problems, eh?

I shall be knocking work on the head today by about 5pm ish and making a similar dash to the pub for the proverbial swift half.

Staropramen is brewed under licence in the UK by Molson Coors. Why can we not have a freely available, delicious, mass market lager like this brewed here for the UK market, instead of the bland Carling and Fosters shite we have to put up with? People need to be educated!

I do also like British real ale though, especially in the Winter. Brains Rev James, Felinfoel Double Dragon, Uley Bitter and best of all Hook Norton Hooky stand out.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back