• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

How we can expect to play this season under Martin

JackBaston

First Team Player
Reaction score
After the now negative comments from MKDons fans about how 'Martins team just passes for the sake of passing, usually sideways or backwards', I think this video shows how hes not that, that there is a vision and process, and that maybe he just didnt have the player quality at MKDons for his tactics to flourish to the level they could be

Wing backs to stretch defences (much like when we used to have our wingers position on the touchlines), man to man pressing when without the ball, 1-2 pass and move to push forward and keep teams on the back foot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPLF09Z7aIk&ab_channel=TotalFootballAnalysisMagazine

Thanks for posting that.

He's definitely going to play 3 CBS isn't he.

ARQS said:
Thanks for posting that.

He's definitely going to play 3 CBS isn't he.

Almost definitely

from what Ive seen its a 3-5-2, 3 center backs, 2 wing backs, 3 center midfielders and 2 strikers, the 2 center midfielders tend to drop into cdms when defensive to make a 5-2 with the other center mid closing down, and in attack the wing backs are wingers, and the one cm is a cam making it a 3-2-5 or 3-2-1-4

The other thing that jumped out at me was the bit about the keeper. Does anyone know what Benda is like with the ball at his feet? If he isn't great then I'd also bet that a Sweeper Keeper will be on his way too.

ARQS said:
The other thing that jumped out at me was the bit about the keeper. Does anyone know what Benda is like with the ball at his feet? If he isn't great then I'd also bet that a Sweeper Keeper will be on his way too.

Against Southampton he did well as a sweeper keeper, looked composed with the ball at his feet and tried playing the ball short often

I have been impressed with him. He looks the type of goalie who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and does go for the pass or roll out.

Private Partz said:
I have been impressed with him. He looks the type of goalie who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and does go for the pass or roll out.

I think Benda could be a big player for us this season, surprised he hasn't had more of an opportunity to show his worth.

JackBaston said:
After the now negative comments from MKDons fans about how 'Martins team just passes for the sake of passing, usually sideways or backwards', I think this video shows how hes not that, that there is a vision and process, and that maybe he just didnt have the player quality at MKDons for his tactics to flourish to the level they could be

Wing backs to stretch defences (much like when we used to have our wingers position on the touchlines), man to man pressing when without the ball, 1-2 pass and move to push forward and keep teams on the back foot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPLF09Z7aIk&ab_channel=TotalFootballAnalysisMagazine
According to him he wants to emulate Martinez Rodgers and Laudrup. He wants to entertain and be entertained himself whilst watching on the bench.
Good enough for me. He will have both patience and support. It is not his fault those in power have fannied about all season.

Private Partz said:
JackBaston said:

According to him he wants to emulate Martinez Rodgers and Laudrup. He wants to entertain and be entertained himself whilst watching on the bench.
Good enough for me. He will have both patience and support. It is not his fault those in power have fannied about all season.

He certainly comes across very similar to Rodgers to me, meticulous and analytical

Swanjaxs said:
surprised he hasn't had more of an opportunity to show his worth.

Cooper wanted his boy Woodman back between the sticks, so Benda has basically lost a year of development time as a result for the sake of a player who wasn't ours.

Swanjaxs said:
Private Partz said:

I think Benda could be a big player for us this season, surprised he hasn't had more of an opportunity to show his worth.
Very likely. Seems goalkeeper has a very important role under Martinball. I expect a big season for Korey Smith as well. Would not be surprised to see him get the Captain's armband.

Yep I have the feeling too that Smith is being lined up for captain

JackBaston said:
Almost definitely

from what Ive seen its a 3-5-2, 3 center backs, 2 wing backs, 3 center midfielders and 2 strikers, the 2 center midfielders tend to drop into cdms when defensive to make a 5-2 with the other center mid closing down, and in attack the wing backs are wingers, and the one cm is a cam making it a 3-2-5 or 3-2-1-4

Assuming CR still injured/going and Grimes going, where does that leave us in terms of first choice 11 as it stands?

------------------ ---- JL -------- LC --------------------

------------------LW-------- KS -------JF----------------

---JB -----------------------------------------------KN---

---------------- RB ------- BC ----- JL -----------------

----------------------------- SB --------------------------

?????

CB, RWB absolute must strengthen areas.

Another 1 CM at least

ARQS said:
JackBaston said:
Almost definitely

Assuming CR still injured/going and Grimes going, where does that leave us in terms of first choice 11 as it stands?

?????

Another 1 CM at least

Well theres a small rumour of Ethan Laird on loan from Man Utd, he was at MK last season but refused to go back as wanted to play at championship level or higher but he was fantastic for them
Though I'd imagine he would only come in as a replacement for Roberts if he were to leave
The other players linked are Matt O'Reilly (cm), Kasumu(cm) and Darling(cb) all from MK, but not sure if thats just lazy journalism, but I'd take them all, all young and fantastic but would imagine MK wont deal with us now

I think realistically Naughton will be back up for rb/cb, so a center back, 2 cms/cams and another striker are on the wishlist and thats without Grimes or Roberts leaving

ARQS said:
JackBaston said:
Almost definitely

?????

Another 1 CM at least

Also, Fulton suspended for first 3 games. With Walsh possibly carrying an injury, we are really stretched in midfield.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back