• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Huge month ahead for Swans - worrying times from the fan perspective

Comparing Cooper with Paterson doesn't fill me with any sort of enthusiasm, the cupboard will be bare with or without JP...
Don’t see anything in cooper, thought he had somin in is earlier days, but he’s not proved himself enough

These are the words of Paterson towards the end of the season

"It's quite obvious I would want to stay There is no reason for me to want to move away. I love being at this club, I have the whole time, with the new manager coming in as well, it gives you even more confidence. There would no reason for me to go elsewhere but at the same time, it's not up to me."

The club offers him contract which was more than likely based on the same wage etc.

Paterson stalls waiting for a better offer to come along which hasn't materialised to date so it would appear he's trying to worm his way back in.

The last thing the club needs right now are players like him, fuck him................

We were crap last season and based on what has happened so far this summer, we are probably going to be even worse next season.

A lot needs to happen in the next month realistically just for us to not be fighting relegation imo.
We were crap under Duff. A full season with Williams and we would have been comfortably mid table.

A striker, number 10 and some back up and I expect that to firmly be the case again.

Avoiding another long term injury with Key will also help massively as we had to be very one dimensional with Tymon (who's great btw) given key was injured

Govea, Parker and Placheta hardly played, the first 2 probably had less than five full games combined. Allen and Fulton aren't in their for contributions, again Allen hardly played. Paterson played 43 games last year, in forward roles. 7 goals and 6 assists is hardly an achievement.
It's an involvement in every three games - it's not exactly bad is it ffs

As an absolute bare minimum, we still need a striker who guarantees goals (not a carthorse like Yates) and a CB to replace Wood, because the current pool of CBs are awful, unreliable and weak.

If we fill those two positions, I think our starting XI potentially looks marginally stronger than last year's - the worry I would have then though is that the bench looks seriously flimsy. A mix of injury prone and past it (Naughton, Allen) and not up to the standard required (Cullen, Fulton, plus a load of youth team players, most of whom are not ready).

Nothing I'm seeing from this summer so far says to me will be any better than mid-table. I don't think we'll get anywhere near troubling the top half, not a snowball's.

However - if we don't get those two key positions filled, it's another long old season battling relegation ahead. I think we'd be very close to going down.

Big few weeks coming up.

As an absolute bare minimum, we still need a striker who guarantees goals (not a carthorse like Yates) and a CB to replace Wood, because the current pool of CBs are awful, unreliable and weak.

If we fill those two positions, I think our starting XI potentially looks marginally stronger than last year's - the worry I would have then though is that the bench looks seriously flimsy. A mix of injury prone and past it (Naughton, Allen) and not up to the standard required (Cullen, Fulton, plus a load of youth team players, most of whom are not ready).

Nothing I'm seeing from this summer so far says to me will be any better than mid-table. I don't think we'll get anywhere near troubling the top half, not a snowball's.

However - if we don't get those two key positions filled, it's another long old season battling relegation ahead. I think we'd be very close to going down.

Big few weeks coming up.
The last 2 summer windows, we’ve lost/moved on our 3 highest scorers.
As it stands today, the only thing we can hope for is safety, imo.

Big few weeks coming up.
Ben Davies wasn't ready until Neil Taylor got injured, so you just never know .

Ben Davies wasn't ready until Neil Taylor got injured, so you just never know .
I don't doubt one, maybe two might surprise us with their development this coming season, but to fill our squad out with half a dozen of them or more seems a gamble, and also unfair on the boys themselves.

I don't doubt one, maybe two might surprise us with their development this coming season, but to fill our squad out with half a dozen of them or more seems a gamble, and also unfair on the boys themselves.
You don't win anything with youngsters
You don't win anything with kids. Heard that somewhere before 😆.

If the kid has talent he can make it.. Manmoo fella, Gray at Leeds. Clarke at Sunderland. I'm sure one or two of our crop will step up well this season

You got laugh at this thread, topic gets created 2 weeks before start of season and 5 weeks till transfer deadline...and lo and behold 2 days later we sign an international striker. Literally zero patience from majority of fans 🙈

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back