• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Huw Jenkins outlines Newport County takeover plan ...

TheLoneRanger

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
"Prospective Newport County AFC owner Huw Jenkins has outlined his plans for the club after being chosen as the preferred bidder for a takeover."

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/23806510.huw-jenkins-outlines-newport-county-takeover-plan/

Swanjaxs said:
Is he going to take them to the next level I wonder 🤔...

He did us! Some of us remember where we were when he took over from Petty. We have a lot to be grateful to him for.

I’d imagine he’ll do very well for them. He had the golden touch for a long time, he’s probably learned a lot from those mistakes as well. Notwithstanding how it ended, he was a fantastic chairman for us on the whole.

Neath_Jack said:
I’d imagine he’ll do very well for them. He had the golden touch for a long time, he’s probably learned a lot from those mistakes as well. Notwithstanding how it ended, he was a fantastic chairman for us on the whole.

Great post

Neath_Jack said:

I never thought I’d say this, and it’ll never happen, but I wouldn’t be unhappy to see him back with us. For all his scumminess, he would be a million percent upgrade as chairman and we need someone that has at least a clue about what they are doing.

John102 said:
He did us! Some of us remember where we were when he took over from Petty. We have a lot to be grateful to him for.

Absolutely Jon, and he's grateful to us for making him millions...

This is me being nosy, but how is he making his money these days? Because becoming chairman of Newport sounds like a good way to lose it. Is it a hobby / vanity project?

I respect him for what he did for the Swans in the early days and will leave it at that.

monmouth said:
I never thought I’d say this, and it’ll never happen, but I wouldn’t be unhappy to see him back with us. For all his scumminess, he would be a million percent upgrade as chairman and we need someone that has at least a clue about what they are doing.

As long as he left the transfers and didn't meddle with affairs in the academy (ie telling youngsters they don't need to go on loan because they can learn their craft in the 23s) then yes, as mad as it sounds I'm with you.

Glyn1 said:
This is me being nosy, but how is he making his money these days? Because becoming chairman of Newport sounds like a good way to lose it. Is it a hobby / vanity project?

I respect him for what he did for the Swans in the early days and will leave it at that.

Interest rates are high at the moment

Swanjaxs said:
Is he going to take them to the next level I wonder 🤔...

What a stupid comment… even where we are now is next level and more than we could ever have dreamed of from where we took over… easily our greatest ever chairman.

He took us from the brink of oblivion dropping out of the football league to winning a major competition and playing European football.

Magic_Michu said:
What a stupid comment… even where we are now is next level and more than we could ever have dreamed of from where we took over… easily our greatest ever chairman.

And then he royaly fùcked us over, and became a millionaire on very little outlay,
And, also, when the hedge fund has sucked the bones dry we'll be back out with the begging bowl...
Clear enough for you 👍

He sold his shares… he was more than entitled to do so. Blame the new owners… not the guy who saved us and took us to the highest heights the club has ever experienced.

John102 said:

100% John.

He made some big mistakes, but he and number of others saved this club and gave many of us the best moments following the Swans.

Like the Martinez knockers they just look at the messy divorce and not the amazing times.

But I suppose that’s a mentality difference. If you want to be a miserable sod then you’ll find the negative.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back