• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

If Cooper was to leave who’s out there?

The more I think of Rangel coming in the more accepting of it I become, I do get the vibes of Martinez style football coming back and look forward to see us playing good football again, but of course this isn’t happening anytime soon.

Lampard? If he fancied it just seen he is linked to the England U21 job, if he came here I think he would do a decent job for us done well with Derby and develops youngsters.

Martinez after Belgium’s Euro run? There was talk a few years back he was interested in doing both, although a lot of fans wouldn’t want him back.

Oscar Garcia free agent, name always brought up when we’re searching for a manager doesn’t stay at clubs long.

David Wagner would seem the obvious choice to replace Cooper, with connections to Winter/USA.

Swansea93 said:
The more I think of Rangel coming in the more accepting of it I become, I do get the vibes of Martinez style football coming back and look forward to see us playing good football again, but of course this isn’t happening anytime soon.

Lampard? If he fancied it just seen he is linked to the England U21 job, if he came here I think he would do a decent job for us done well with Derby and develops youngsters.

Martinez after Belgium’s Euro run? There was talk a few years back he was interested in doing both, although a lot of fans wouldn’t want him back.

Oscar Garcia free agent, name always brought up when we’re searching for a manager doesn’t stay at clubs long.

David Wagner would seem the obvious choice to replace Cooper, with connections to Winter/USA.

If Martinez was remotely interested, which I doubt highly, we should walk over hot coals to offer it to him.

He'd be stupid to accept it. Lampard I think could be an option but salary would be a big issue. Wagner I'm not feeling. Yes he achieved a lot with little at Huddersfield but recall very well his team didn't even score a goal but somehow got promoted in play offs. Cooper style

I was looking and Alex Neil is a name that calls out to me. Think he was hard done by at Preston, lost 2 of their best players in January and weeks later after a bad run loses his job.
The guy is 39 and a fighter, done well in the 3 jobs he has been in, knows the league and got a team promoted. Likes his team to play on the front foot and be organised.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me

Swansea93 said:

Totally forgot on Garcia, good shout that.

Rangel with Tate as assistant: they know us and what we need from coaches and our preferred style of play.
Two men who would accept no nonsense and are personally committed to the city and area.
Too left field?

The dream team would be Jobbie with Perch as his assistant because there’s nobody in the world that knows more about football than that pair.

Someone with a PROVEN track record of good football and a winning mentality. Not an English or Welsh badgeman. Probably German, Dutch, Spanish, Danish etc etc.

I know Lifey thinks Cooper has done a good job, and he is certainly someone whose opinion I respect - a proper fan. I do wonder what the view would be if we had been present watching this season’s dross though. Watching the table only works if the end justifies the means. I’ve thought he just did PowerPoint jackanory for well overI a year. know what I’d be thinking if I’d travelled 200 miles a time to watch all our home games this season, and Cooper ain’t going to change. The only time I warmed to him was when I thought he was learning. He wasn’t. If we went up I’d forgive him but still argue he should be dumped toot sweet.

Pegojack said:
Rangel would be an interesting choice. Maybe with someone experienced and a bit of a hard nut at his side. Graeme Jones?

Isn't Jones supposed to be in actual charge at Newcastle at the moment?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back