• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

If you're reading this Mr Brewster

My initial point was actually to praie this young man but the topic became rather sidetracked.
Now we are back on the page,I will add Brewster will develop more away from Steve,albeit he is seen as "great" by some.

Gallagher was stella at Charlton -a key man,and Chelsea saw fit to loan him to us because Charlton are in freefall.He s not been that for Swansea .
Celina has talent in abundance too and he has fallen away so badly,it's painful to behold.

There is a reason for this.

It's entirely possible Klopp will include him in next season LFC squad ,looking at how appalling they are right now .He wont be with us and it would have been nice for the fans to show their appreciation of his efforts.

J_B said:
I’ll be surprised if he’s playing Championship football next season. I would think Klopp will be looking to loan him out to a PL team. Someone like Leeds maybe? He may even think he could replace Origi on Liverpool’s bench but he wouldn’t get the game time he needs for his development.

Not good enough to get into that Liverpool side, but I'll be shocked if he isn't loaned to a Premier League team next year.

He's a throwback striker for me, put it near him in the box, and you won't need to ask him twice.

Fireboy said:
Toronto_Motors said:
See Klopp asap and ensure he does not have you return to Swansea City or any club manager by our Steve.

Thanks for your efforts and good luck for a bright future.

Take comfort in the fact that never again will you be fecked about by a clown for a coach who doesnt know his arse from his elbow;one that takes off his most potent striker when looking to snatch a victory at the death.

To be taken off and substituted by wayne routledge is something,Im afraid,is going to take some time to forget . Move on,Son.-and Thanks again.

I would think rhian would like to stay, hes done very well especially in the last few games, he seems very happy with his team mates and the club, all this points to him developing as a player which in turn would make klopp happy.

You do come out with some pearlers sometimes.

He has already proven that he is among the best strikers in this league. Why would he want to play another season here? I know that 'ambition' is something our football club and its supporters greatly lack, but lets not hold this talented young English footballer back. I would think he would be eager to test himself in the Premier League next, just like other young English strikers who recently completed excellent loan spells in the second tier.

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
Fireboy said:
Toronto_Motors said:
See Klopp asap and ensure he does not have you return to Swansea City or any club manager by our Steve.

Take comfort in the fact that never again will you be fecked about by a clown for a coach who doesnt know his arse from his elbow;one that takes off his most potent striker when looking to snatch a victory at the death.

To be taken off and substituted by wayne routledge is something,Im afraid,is going to take some time to forget . Move on,Son.-and Thanks again.

I would think rhian would like to stay, hes done very well especially in the last few games, he seems very happy with his team mates and the club, all this points to him developing as a player which in turn would make klopp happy.

He has already proven that he is among the best strikers in this league. Why would he want to play another season here? I know that 'ambition' is something our football club and its supporters greatly lack, but lets not hold this talented young English footballer back. I would think he would be eager to test himself in the Premier League next, just like other young English strikers who recently completed excellent loan spells in the second tier.

Brewsters a centre half surely 🤔

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
Fireboy said:
Toronto_Motors said:

which was my point

Pace, work rate needs improving greatly. He is a classic penalty box goalscorer learning his trade, loan him to a premiership club and he wont play. Need to work on his fitness levels to get back in Klopps vision.

Toronto_Motors said:
J_B said:
I’ll be surprised if he’s playing Championship football next season. I would think Klopp will be looking to loan him out to a PL team. Someone like Leeds maybe? He may even think he could replace Origi on Liverpool’s bench but he wouldn’t get the game time he needs for his development.

Yep,but looking at Liverpool right now,Brewster would not be out of place in that squad. The boy is lethal and given the support he deserves will have a great career.Ive nothing but admiration for the lad and ,as I might have suggested before,he deserves better than to be subbed 5 mins from time

The reason Liverpool look shyte right now is because they have been on the beach, on the pi55, most probably both for the last few weeks. This won’t last much longer.

It really all comes down to the view of Klopp who may well feel that a loan out to a PL side is one step too far, too soon. In that case it’s not insurmountable that he could return here next season as he knows both the club and the coaching regime. Cooper and Brewster go back before their time together at Swansea City. Unfortunately my head says that somewhere like Leeds, WBA, Watford beckons for him.

Dr. Winston said:
There's an odd obsession with the "all round game" of some players, mostly strikers.

Frankly I couldn't care less about what Brewster does otherwise if he's knocking in 20+ goals a season in much the same way as I didn't with Jason Scotland. Chasing back and sticking the foot in is not what they're there to do. Smacking it into the onion bag is, and both of them were/are very good at it.

It's the job of the rest of the team to provide the ammunition.

When you try and play a possession based game like us, it's imperative your striker can hold the ball up and bring others into the game otherwise the ball keeps coming back at you like it did at times against Forest, and especially Leeds, White and Cooper dominated him.

Cooperman said:
Toronto_Motors said:
J_B said:

Yep,but looking at Liverpool right now,Brewster would not be out of place in that squad. The boy is lethal and given the support he deserves will have a great career.Ive nothing but admiration for the lad and ,as I might have suggested before,he deserves better than to be subbed 5 mins from time

The reason Liverpool look shyte right now is because they have been on the beach, on the pi55, most probably both for the last few weeks. This won’t last much longer.

Yes,of course,that is correct,as is obvious but Klopp has high standards as has the club and fans who have ludicrous levels of expectations. "Haven't won the Prem/Title for 30 yrs? .Jaw aching garbage. Players have been lauded and they've gone to the beach and it shows any team can fall apart quickly. City, the best team IMO ,at least to watch for a neutral;its simply a case of them screwing it up at vital times.

Anyway,it matters not.Brewster will be away. I just hope newly promoted Cardiff don't get him on loan. Could Cooper in fact leave us for a promoted Cardiff.

Risc said:
When you try and play a possession based game like us, it's imperative your striker can hold the ball up and bring others into the game otherwise the ball keeps coming back at you like it did at times against Forest, and especially Leeds, White and Cooper dominated him.

What striker was holding the ball up when we had a front three of Dyer, Routledge and Hernandez against West Brom, the single best 45 minutes of possession based football most of us can remember? For most of that season Michu led the line, and he wasn't a holdup player by any definition.

One of the best recent away performances I can remember down here was Norwich last season, and they didn't bother with any hold up play. It was just relentless movement with incisive passing and they cut us to pieces.

If the movement of your midfield and wide players is good enough it shouldn't be something that you need a striker to do. If we need Brewster to do it then we're doing it wrong.

Dr. Winston said:
Risc said:

What striker was holding the ball up when we had a front three of Dyer, Routledge and Hernandez against West Brom, the single best 45 minutes of possession based football most of us can remember? For most of that season Michu led the line, and he wasn't a holdup player by any definition.

One of the best recent away performances I can remember down here was Norwich last season, and they didn't bother with any hold up play. It was just relentless movement with incisive passing and they cut us to pieces.

If the movement of your midfield and wide players is good enough it shouldn't be something that you need a striker to do. If we need Brewster to do it then we're doing it wrong.

Michu played against West Brom, when he had the ball to feet, he kept the ball moving quickly and brought everyone into the game, Bony was masterful at it. If my memory serves, before that Graham and before him Borini used to move into channels, take us up the pitch. Brewster for me is doing neither at the moment, still lots to learn which is to be expected at his age. When he gets chance to train with the likes of Firminho in the summer, it will bring him on loads.

Toronto_Motors said:
My initial point was actually to praie this young man but the topic became rather sidetracked.
Now we are back on the page,I will add Brewster will develop more away from Steve,albeit he is seen as "great" by some.

Gallagher was stella at Charlton -a key man,and Chelsea saw fit to loan him to us because Charlton are in freefall.He s not been that for Swansea .
Celina has talent in abundance too and he has fallen away so badly,it's painful to behold.

There is a reason for this.

It's entirely possible Klopp will include him in next season LFC squad ,looking at how appalling they are right now .He wont be with us and it would have been nice for the fans to show their appreciation of his efforts.

Every player in our squad has regressed under Cooper.

Risc said:
Michu played against West Brom

In midfield.

Risc said:
Graham and before him Borini used to move into channels, take us up the pitch

Exactly. Using the channels. Movement, not ball retention. Movement is everything. Being able to run with the ball into space to stretch defences isn't the same thing as holding the ball up for others to play off. Basically what Ayew tries to do now, only we haven't really had anyone on the other side doing it too, leaving us a bit compacted. Bidwell has probably become one of our more potent left sided attacking outlets in recent games.

Best we can do at the moment is try to get the ball into spaces for Brewster to attack, which he's naturally good at. We can't be relying on him to hold it up too.

Risc said:
Bony was masterful at it.

Bony was just a freak. Equally adept at playing the targetman role or simply finding space in the box to finish.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back