• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jamal Lowe - Wigan

Fireboy said:
1964 said:
The Petty situation is quite different though isn't it? There was no administration. Also, our own situation in 1985 when we went into administration is alos different. The rules were different and there wqas no points deduction. Today, there is, and today, Wigan deserve what they got. We have a capitalist society,(which I am totally and absolutely not in favour of) and anyone can buy whatever they can afford. If idiots or rogues want to buy Wigan Athletic or any other football club, they can do just that. I don't like these sort of 'owners' any more than you do, but you have to face facts. I cannot understand how the majority can vote in a Conservative government and then complain about capitalism. It simply doesn't make sense. Also, quite laughable that your quoted article uses the word of a Labour MP, who along with her right wing leader is currently turning their party into an even more capitalist party than the Tories. As a country, we appear to have made our bed. Wigan Athletic fans have to lie in it I'm afraid. I hate it, you clearly hate it, but rules is rules.

Good post but the rules are wrong imo, Wigans case should have been dealt with differently as they were hoodwinked by a rogue businessman, the EFL are culpable as their vetting nees to be more thorough.

Regarding starmer, he isnt a right winger, hes middle of the road, labour needs to be middle of the road, I find your comment about being more capitalist than the tories in charge now as laughable.

Anyway its looking like we are going to have to agree to disagree mate, at least we havent resorted to hurling abuse at each other👍

Absolutely - don't do or understand the need for abuse.

1964 said:
PSumbler said:
Just as a point of order. We went into a CVA in March 2002 - that, in the current world, would see a 12 point deduction being applied.

Then, we too, would have had to put up with it if that was the rule at that time. I'd have hated it, I'd have been angry, but it's got to be consistent.

Oh I agree on that part, whatever the rights and wrongs of any rule it has to be applied consistently

Which I think is one of the points being made its not consistent

Swanjaxs said:
Fireboy said:
A question for you, do know the reason why they went into administration?

A betting scam by thier Chinese owners I've heard 👂

Wigan were sold from one Hong Kong-based company to another, both of which were until recently majority-owned by the same businessman and a high-stakes professional poker player, Dr Choi Chiu Fai Stanley.

The EFL fit and proper persons test Let Wigan and its fans down.

Then the EFL who were culpable punish Wigan and just to really rub their noses in it let Sheff Weds carry their deduction into next season it stinks.

J_B said:
Dr. Winston said:
I was quite snarky about us signing another winger, but perhaps we're not after him for that.

Given Andy Scott's previous involvement with Brentford, pacy mobile forwards are definitely part of their gameplan. Maybe they're thinking of Lowe in that regard.

Good likelihood I would say.

I recall Arsenal signing a winger and Wenger saying that he hadn’t signed him as a winger but a centre forward. How they laughed.

His name was Thierry Henry.

Before anyone jumps on it I’m not comparing Lowe with Henry. I’m suggesting that different coaches use different qualities in different ways.

I see he’s taken the number 9 shirt... ;)

Hmmmmmmm...

Brings a bit more perspective to his earlier struggles if he was learning a new position on top of a new team with all that entails.

I'll probably stick with the belief that he's not a natural goalscorer by any stretch, but he's plainly working very, very hard to improve in that area and the confidence he's gaining will only help.

Dr. Winston said:
Brings a bit more perspective to his earlier struggles if he was learning a new position on top of a new team with all that entails.

I'll probably stick with the belief that he's not a natural goalscorer by any stretch, but he's plainly working very, very hard to improve in that area and the confidence he's gaining will only help.

I didn't have any doubt he'd finish his chance at Loftus road when he was through on goal. Lad looks full of confidence now whereas earlier in the season he looked unsure of himself.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back