• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jamal Lowe - Wigan

Fireboy said:
Swanjaxs said:
A betting scam by thier Chinese owners I've heard 👂

Sorry SJ, I tried to quickly change my post because 1964 is obviously on a wind up.

I most certainly am not on a wind up!

1964 said:
Fireboy said:
Sorry SJ, I tried to quickly change my post because 1964 is obviously on a wind up.

Ok then, a question for you, do you know the circumstances of wigan going into administration?

Fireboy said:
1964 said:

Ok then, a question for you, do you know the circumstances of wigan going into administration?

Absolutely - good article here - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/02/story-of-how-wigan-collapsed-into-administration-au-yeung-investigation

1964 said:
Fireboy said:

Absolutely - good article here - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/02/story-of-how-wigan-collapsed-into-administration-au-yeung-investigation

So you still think wigan as a club deserve to be docked points then?

Fireboy said:
1964 said:

As I've said all along - yes, totally. They broke the rules and they pay the price. Quite simple really. I have no sympathy whatsoever. Let's get rid of them and promote another Conference team.

1964 said:
Fireboy said:

As I've said all along - yes, totally. They broke the rules and they pay the price. Quite simple really. I have no sympathy whatsoever. Let's get rid of them and promote another Conference team.

You obviously still blame them for nicking Roberto dont you 🙄

Fireboy said:
1964 said:

😂😂😂 Please don't get me started on that scumbag traitor!!! Hate him with a passion and they were welcome to him after the way he treated us

1964 said:
Fireboy said:
Are you seriously having a laugh?

Why would I be? They went into administration. They pay the forfeit. If anythiong, the rule is too lenient and they should have been thrown out of the EFL.

The EFL should be thrown out of running the EFL. They can’t run a league that should have a robust fit and proper persons to run a football club rule. They’re culpable for the Wigan situation and should hang their heads in shame.

1964 said:
Fireboy said:

😂😂😂 Please don't get me started on that scumbag traitor!!! Hate him with a passion and they were welcome to him after the way he treated us

Ahhh I get it, you still hold a grudge after 11 years🙄

J_B said:
1964 said:
Why would I be? They went into administration. They pay the forfeit. If anythiong, the rule is too lenient and they should have been thrown out of the EFL.

The EFL should be thrown out of running the EFL. They can’t run a league that should have a robust fit and proper persons to run a football club rule. They’re culpable for the Wigan situation and should hang their heads in shame.

No no no JB, its Wigan's fault, not the EFL or the dodgy owners who they let buy the club.

I wonder if 1964 thought the same when that cunt petty took over.

Fireboy said:
J_B said:

No no no JB, its Wigan's fault, not the EFL or the dodgy owners who they let buy the club.

The Petty situation is quite different though isn't it? There was no administration. Also, our own situation in 1985 when we went into administration is alos different. The rules were different and there wqas no points deduction. Today, there is, and today, Wigan deserve what they got. We have a capitalist society,(which I am totally and absolutely not in favour of) and anyone can buy whatever they can afford. If idiots or rogues want to buy Wigan Athletic or any other football club, they can do just that. I don't like these sort of 'owners' any more than you do, but you have to face facts. I cannot understand how the majority can vote in a Conservative government and then complain about capitalism. It simply doesn't make sense. Also, quite laughable that your quoted article uses the word of a Labour MP, who along with her right wing leader is currently turning their party into an even more capitalist party than the Tories. As a country, we appear to have made our bed. Wigan Athletic fans have to lie in it I'm afraid. I hate it, you clearly hate it, but rules is rules.

1964 said:
Fireboy said:

The Petty situation is quite different though isn't it? There was no administration. Also, our own situation in 1985 when we went into administration is alos different. The rules were different and there wqas no points deduction. Today, there is, and today, Wigan deserve what they got. We have a capitalist society,(which I am totally and absolutely not in favour of) and anyone can buy whatever they can afford. If idiots or rogues want to buy Wigan Athletic or any other football club, they can do just that. I don't like these sort of 'owners' any more than you do, but you have to face facts. I cannot understand how the majority can vote in a Conservative government and then complain about capitalism. It simply doesn't make sense. Also, quite laughable that your quoted article uses the word of a Labour MP, who along with her right wing leader is currently turning their party into an even more capitalist party than the Tories. As a country, we appear to have made our bed. Wigan Athletic fans have to lie in it I'm afraid. I hate it, you clearly hate it, but rules is rules.

Just as a point of order. We went into a CVA in March 2002 - that, in the current world, would see a 12 point deduction being applied.

PSumbler said:
1964 said:

Just as a point of order. We went into a CVA in March 2002 - that, in the current world, would see a 12 point deduction being applied.

Then, we too, would have had to put up with it if that was the rule at that time. I'd have hated it, I'd have been angry, but it's got to be consistent.

1964 said:
Fireboy said:

Good post but the rules are wrong imo, Wigans case should have been dealt with differently as they were hoodwinked by a rogue businessman, the EFL are culpable as their vetting nees to be more thorough.

Regarding starmer, he isnt a right winger, hes middle of the road, labour needs to be middle of the road, I find your comment about being more capitalist than the tories in charge now as laughable.

Anyway its looking like we are going to have to agree to disagree mate, at least we havent resorted to hurling abuse at each other👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back