• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Japanese Restaurants

It’s a damn long way to go these days as well. The embargo on flying over Russia means you can’t take the straight line route up over Scandinavia.

I didn’t know about the Niigata mud ponds, I shall do some reading.
Here you go Coops

Just tell them that you are prepared to travel 12,000 miles and they are the main reason. 1 They'd feel complimented and it's just an email. 2 You might feature as the last item on a Japanese news broadcast as a 'crazy Englishman'. 3 It would probably piss off the Proclaimers.

Much respect to you for cultivating Koi carp
Think a lot of it is because of the UK dealers who organise the koi trips, they buy the koi the punters want and what the Japanese allow to be sold and ship them over and put them through quarantine, which involves heat ramping to avoid the risk of KHV over several weeks which all comes at a cost, a Koi keeper just popping across to buy a few Koi, would be far to expensive to get them transported and they'd need their own quarantine facilities.

We have loads of Japanese friends through Cheap Trick and we are always being invited out there.
Here we are with our lovely friend Toshiko.

Attachments

• IMG_4172.jpeg
    IMG_4172.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 1
Think a lot of it is because of the UK dealers who organise the koi trips, they buy the koi the punters want and what the Japanese allow to be sold and ship them over and put them through quarantine, which involves heat ramping to avoid the risk of KHV over several weeks which all comes at a cost, a Koi keeper just popping across to buy a few Koi, would be far to expensive to get them transported and they'd need their own quarantine facilities.
Cheap Trick are big in Japan, in fact even more popular than koi.

Darran wants to go to the Budokan, so I can see a little trip coming together. Few days on the fish theme and then a few days following musical history. Marvellous.

Darran wants to go to the Budokan, so I can see a little trip coming together. Few days on the fish theme and then a few days following musical history. Marvellous.
I’d love to. They recorded an album at the Budokan.

Attachments

• IMG_4173.jpeg
    IMG_4173.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1

See what you've started now Coops, Dear Me mun.

Yeah, my bad for starting the thread.

Oh, hang on a minute…
You mentioned those words that should be banned and I very much doubt they are more popular than Koi when some are valued up to a million quid

I have been to Japan at least fifty times over the years and the star attraction has always been the grub. Aside from the obvious sushi…

Ramen: think noodles and meat in a broth
Japanese curry: not unlike Chinese curry
Tempura: battered fish and veg
Onigiri: stuffed rice balls
Yakisoba: basically chow mein
Okonomiyaki: think savoury pancake
Gyoza: oriental filled dumpling
Donburi: a rice bowl with various add ons

And my all time favourite, Shabu Shabu: boil your own meat, veg and bizarrely an egg, comes with a choice of dipping sauces and then you’re left with a tasty broth for a final slurp.

Not for everyone’s taste, for sure.
Lovely stuff Coops

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back