• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Japanese Restaurants

£6 a pint, that’s the new normal :(
Aye looking that way, when lad was living in Horsham a pint was at least a fiver in most places, probably nearing 7 quid these days, the rent on his flat has gone up by half again now, his butty in Croydon is paying nearly 1600 a month.

Aye looking that way, when lad was living in Horsham a pint was at least a fiver in most places, probably nearing 7 quid these days, the rent on his flat has gone up by half again now, his butty in Croydon is paying nearly 1600 a month.
Crazy times, unsustainable times.

Food worked out around 30 quid each drinks pushed the total cost up, if they don't catch you on the swing they catch you on the roundabout, but 30 quid a head wasn't bad value,.
I wouldn't mind trying it, I have looked at their webpage, and the reviews and photos look very good.!

I suppose the only thing putting me off is that I have never tried Japanese food, so 30 quid seems a bit steep if it's not too my liking.

I was thinking about this earlier, I reckon there are quite a few in my position, who maybe would like to try Japanese food, but 30 quid is a bit of a gamble? Why has it got to be 2 hours for 30 quid?, why not 15 quid for an hour, bit of a taster session? Or x amount of items for 15 quid, looking at the 30 quid 2 hour, eat as much as you like, that's a potential 48 dishes at 30 quid, I would gladly pay 15 quid for say ten dishes. (although I have not seen the portion sizes yet!)

I wouldn't mind trying it, I have looked at their webpage, and the reviews and photos look very good.!

I suppose the only thing putting me off is that I have never tried Japanese food, so 30 quid seems a bit steep if it's not too my liking.

I was thinking about this earlier, I reckon there are quite a few in my position, who maybe would like to try Japanese food, but 30 quid is a bit of a gamble? Why has it got to be 2 hours for 30 quid?, why not 15 quid for an hour, bit of a taster session? Or x amount of items for 15 quid, looking at the 30 quid 2 hour, eat as much as you like, that's a potential 48 dishes at 30 quid, I would gladly pay 15 quid for say ten dishes. (although I have not seen the portion sizes yet!)
Half a roast chicken and a pint will set you back the best part of 30 quid in Harvester.

Go and give their lunchtime/light bite menu a try, it will open your eyes to new tastes and without making you eat snails or some of the things I have shown on here. Katsu curry or teriyaki chicken won’t be far removed from what you have in a Chinese, then add a miso soup or a dumpling for a little more authentic Japanese feel. Not quite in the same league as Indian/Bangladeshi cuisine, but still a firm favourite of mine.

Half a roast chicken and a pint will set you back the best part of 30 quid in Harvester.
Eh? Are you sure, because just out of curiosity, I took a look at the prices, and I think for half a chicken, a choice of sauce, a corn on the cob , and some chips, with a drink you would be looking more nearer to the £20 mark.

Go and give their lunchtime/light bite menu a try, it will open your eyes to new tastes and without making you eat snails or some of the things I have shown on here. Katsu curry or teriyaki chicken won’t be far removed from what you have in a Chinese, then add a miso soup or a dumpling for a little more authentic Japanese feel. Not quite in the same league as Indian/Bangladeshi cuisine, but still a firm favourite of mine.
Yes, I'll get around to it someday. Weird though, until I saw this thread started, I wouldn't have a clue about any Japanese food, now this week, some thread appeared on X, saying how good Japanese food was, and healthy it is.. Like you look at this Miso soup, they call it an ancient superfood, which samuraris used to eat. I though well if it's good enough for a samurai, it's good enough for me, apparently you can get 5 sachet's of it in Asda for 2 quid. :)

Yes, I'll get around to it someday. Weird though, until I saw this thread started, I wouldn't have a clue about any Japanese food, now this week, some thread appeared on X, saying how good Japanese food was, and healthy it is.. Like you look at this Miso soup, they call it an ancient superfood, which samuraris used to eat. I though well if it's good enough for a samurai, it's good enough for me, apparently you can get 5 sachet's of it in Asda for 2 quid. :)
Calling this a soup is a little bit of a stretch.

It’s basically a stock with a piece of seaweed floating in it :LOL:

Calling this a soup is a little bit of a stretch.

It’s basically a stock with a piece of seaweed floating in it :LOL:
Have you ever tried the supermarket Miso soup ones? Does it compare to a restaurant one?

Have you ever tried the supermarket Miso soup ones? Does it compare to a restaurant one?
Not sure I have. Our Japanese expat guys usually bring stuff like this over with them, so I can vouch that Japanese supermarket miso is quite good. However I’ll stress again, this ain’t no hearty Baxter’s broth; it’s a watery stock with the odd leaf. Get yourself down to Joyato and try their light lunch options, I’m certain you won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:

West Brom v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back