• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jay fulton

He was culpable for Birmingham's equaliser the week before as well. Got drawn towards the ball instead of minding James, vacated the space where James scores from.

I'd like to see both Fulton and Grimes moved on this summer. They're not bad players, they're just painfully mediocre, one paced and limited in what they offer. They've been here far too long and allowed to just tread water. The base of our midfield needs a complete overhaul, it needs freshening up, it's gone stale.

Hopefully Williams can see this and takes the action required.

He should never be in starting 11. Always gets a lazy yellow card ( or red like playoff final) He offers zero , can’t take take the ball under pressure, can’t pick a pass and don’t track back as too slow. Between him and Ashby today I was pulling what little I’ve got of my hair out
Another masterclass today from our midfield general. How he gets picked to start every game is completely baffling.

Symptomatic of everything that’s wrong with the club,should have been moved on seasons ago….bang average

I firmly believe Jays play is being restricted by the presence of Grimes. For me, they play too close to each other. Naturally they’re both playing a holding midfield position. We can skate Jay all we want, but he’s our best midfielder offering physicality. I believe if Grimes was dropped for Patino or even Allen, we’d see a better Fulton

There was a moment in the first half, one nil down, just had 2/3 attacks and Ronald had them on the ropes. Ronald won a throw in and tried to take it quickly, Jay walked towards him and told him to slow it down.
The old fella behind us shouted “Don’t listen to him mun!!!”

Symptomatic of everything that’s wrong with the club,should have been moved on seasons ago….bang average

Exactly this...

And he is not alone in being bang average in our squad.

I firmly believe Jays play is being restricted by the presence of Grimes. For me, they play too close to each other. Naturally they’re both playing a holding midfield position. We can skate Jay all we want, but he’s our best midfielder offering physicality. I believe if Grimes was dropped for Patino or even Allen, we’d see a better Fulton

You are having a laugh. Jay Fulton shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team squad. No pace , no creativity, doesn't help the defence out and offers nothing going forward. That's the real Jay Fulton for you.

Our best midfielder in a mid field of utter shite still makes him shite.

There was a moment in the first half, one nil down, just had 2/3 attacks and Ronald had them on the ropes. Ronald won a throw in and tried to take it quickly, Jay walked towards him and told him to slow it down.
The old fella behind us shouted “Don’t listen to him mun!!!”
Ronald was going mad when that happened.

It is the natural instinct of most of our central midfielders to put a foot on the ball, slow down play and more often than not pass the ball backwards
And no doubt Ronald will be clear within a month that any quick play is not tolerated. Captain Matt is busy translating "pass it slowly" as we speak

Never mind saying Fulton and Grimes can't play in the same system, Fulton shouldn't be in the same squad, had his day and is a total liability at Championship level.
Grimes is as culpable, even more so because he’s the captain. Time to pass that baton to somebody else and get him earning his place. The moment he was in space to make a forward pass in injury time and passes backwards the whole stadium groaned. He should be sweating blood trying to get the ball forward.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back