• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jay fulton

cmajack said:
JBT95 said:
Matt Grimes has scored 3 goals in 162 league appearances.

And there lies the problem with the majority of our midfielders, no creativity, no pace and very few goals and to be honest we are overloaded with that type of player. That was one of the major reasons we didn't get promoted last season. Think Connor Roberts and Cabango scored more goals last season than the whole of our midfield.

Without stating the fecking obvious our midfield issues have been a problem for over 3 season's with and without Downes, there's more creativity in a bowl of dishwater and that's not the fault of a decent pro like Fulton.

cmajack said:
Itchysphincter said:
If you think Jay Fulton was to blame for today’s horror show maybe football isn’t the game for you.

He was 1 of them to blame , and I've been watching football long enough to know you won't get far with players like him around the 1st team.

And your opinion on Grimes?

I think everyone has become just a little bit romantic when remembering Jay Fulton

He is just another average midfielder in a sea of average Swansea midfielders-we need better than him
Stealing a living off the club. Offers nothing as a defensive midfielder, creates nothing and offers the same as an attacking option. Our best spell at the end of last season came with him largely out of the starting line up. All he offers is plenty of unnecessary 5 and 10 yard passes sideways and backwards. GET RID.

I have not been a Jay hater but he was poor today and him and Grimes together achieves nothing, unfortunately we are not in a position to do anything with him, no one wants him and he really doesn’t do enough donkey work to justify his selection.

How he gets into the side ahead of pretty much any of the three midfielders we bought on today is just bewildering.

He is not a Championship midfielder and between him and Grimes they slow our midfield down to snail pace more often than not

That trip in the box was fucking stupid especially when already on a yellow card. Braindead.

I was gonna say we were lucky he wasnt sent off but at least we'd be forced not to start a Grimes - Fulton midfield next time out

Fingers crossed Joe gets fit. Still streets better than Fulton. Patino is too weak to play as an 8 with grimes

Yeah, I'm usually a Fulton defender, but it feels as if his time might be up (at least for the short term). Playing against bigger teams makes sense as he has shown before that he's great at being a defensive workhorse, but he was awful today, and has been off it for most of the season.

Patino doesn't have the defensive nous to work with Grimes, which leaves us with Allen alone. He's fine, but 33 now and hasn't really got the legs, we absolutely have to get another midfielder soon as a priority

Never mind saying Fulton and Grimes can't play in the same system, Fulton shouldn't be in the same squad, had his day and is a total liability at Championship level.

I don't know who to blame, but I couldn't believe my eyes in the first half, the way Flynn Downes was allowed to run right through the centre of midfield with ball at feet for thirty or forty yards without being challenged. It was like a training game for Saints, we just fell back and failed to lay a glove on them.

I don't know who to blame, but I couldn't believe my eyes in the first half, the way Flynn Downes was allowed to run right through the centre of midfield with ball at feet for thirty or forty yards without being challenged. It was like a training game for Saints, we just fell back and failed to lay a glove on them.
My thoughts exactly for that first half, think Williams is capable of turning us into a top 10 with a shout of a playoff team, get through this season, get the right type of player in through the door between now and start of next season with a full pre season and we maybe in with a shout of a playoff spot come the end of the 24/25 season.

He should never be in starting 11. Always gets a lazy yellow card ( or red like playoff final) He offers zero , can’t take take the ball under pressure, can’t pick a pass and don’t track back as too slow. Between him and Ashby today I was pulling what little I’ve got of my hair out

My thoughts exactly for that first half, think Williams is capable of turning us into a top 10 with a shout of a playoff team, get through this season, get the right type of player in through the door between now and start of next season with a full pre season and we maybe in with a shout of a playoff spot come the end of the 24/25 season.
Just the basics would do me, tackle, run, pass to a teammate, block and don't turn your back, condense space so it's harder to play through.. they all talk about details.. but we struggled to put a passing move together.. but they're away with the fairies talking about the detail before the game.. you've got to earn the right to win games.. but we were a passive limp of sh*te.. but I believe they've gone mental on PowerPoint before the game, as if they're footballing geniuses IMO.. it's all very average down there, Grimes was talking as if he knows what it takes to play at the top.. there's two guys in the group who have, but the way this season is turning out, they're useless at pointing out reality on a few things.. can't pass 5 yards to a player is a reality we're currently have.. you're only as good as your last game.. people just see quotes and don't get it.. they think they understand it, but it goes way over their heads and start to believe they know.. then delusion creeps in.. we're mostly 2nd division players, who've never sniffed the seats of old trafford or anfield.. yet they're all talk, not putting it out on the pitch.. it's nice to be deluded, but you've got to get a basic 5 yard pass correct like, you don't tend to win games otherwise

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back