• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Joe Allen back to Swansea? Martin hopes so but would it be right?

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 46
  • Views: Views 7,282
Based on his last 2 years at Stoke he's been injured and form dipped dramatically. Is this not an emotional signing we're chasing based on Allen of yesteryear or can he add real value for his wage demand?

People close to Allen seem to be working overtime getting his name in press about coming back. OTJ saying he would come back for a quarter of salary he’s currently on etc.

I have a feeling the Americans will pull plug on this one aswell due to the no sell on value.

Is he not out of contract? would this be no different to Naughton as a contract extension?

Swansea93 said:
12 clubs in for him apparently

It's up to him, he already doesn't have to lift a finger financially wise for the rest of his life, come and see his playing days out with us for 7 to 10k a week or go and chase even more wonga elsewhere.
I'm up at 4am for work in the morning for nowhere near 7k a week, so basically, fuk him :lol:

Stoke have signed a CM from Reading which might mean Allen is not signing a new deal there

When he’s played for Wales in the last few weeks he’s looked like the Joe Allen of yesterday year… he’d definitely improve our midfield… no brainer for me.

Think we can knock this on the head now can't we. Wonder if it's a repeat performance-ish of what happened last time when Allen's stock rose after Euro 2016 with his stock increasing, albeit far less than last time round after the World Cup play-off final. Although, I did see some guys who, presumably, know little about football and the importance of a mid-fielder who does the dirty work, say on Twitter he was abysmal.

Jacket said:
Think we can knock this on the head now can't we. Wonder if it's a repeat performance-ish of what happened last time when Allen's stock rose after Euro 2016 with his stock increasing, albeit far less than last time round after the World Cup play-off final. Although, I did see some guys who, presumably, know little about football and the importance of a mid-fielder who does the dirty work, say on Twitter he was abysmal.

Unless Fulton goes within the next week I reckon it's pretty safe to assume Joey won't be back personally.

The international players are still away on holiday so will be interesting to see if he signs next week, Dhanda has left so that frees up one space :lol:

I’d imagine if we can get Bennett out the door to Reading it would help us quite significantly

Magic_Michu said:
I’d imagine if we can get Bennett out the door to Reading it would help us quite significantly

All eyes are on you now 👀

Cooperman said:
Magic_Michu said:

All eyes are on you now 👀

No inside information at the moment… hopefully I’ll be told as soon as anything happens.

https://twitter.com/Gate2Podcast/status/1539553589512830976?s=20&t=2MPY-ksttUxoinDXpP1VNA

Not even hiding the fact nowadays is Joe. Was desperate when we were in premier league before going to stoke, and even more so now.

Come on home Joey

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back