• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Terry leaves Villa

Even though he’s said that it still wouldn’t surprise me if he is announced as our manager.

It would amaze me if he is prepared to work within our financial restraints and I also think he is too strong a character for the owners.

Eddie70 said:
It would amaze me if he is prepared to work within our financial restraints and I also think he is too strong a character for the owners.

Think the character thing is a massive one for us, no way are we going to get someone who will be outspoken and demanding. We will have more of a yes man looking to make a name for themselves and go with the flow a bit

Maybe the owners realise now we need a rebuild and need someone to lead that . i agree with our cash restraints i'd me surprised if we can afford JT. Saying that he has no managerial experience so his wage expectations maybe lower than we think

Think if he came it would been low wage, but with very large bonus for results. Villa fans on their forum sorry to see him go.

I don't think there's any chance he'd come here, tbh. He'd be massively polarising in terms of the fan base.

The one positive would be having a 'name' at the helm, which would make us attractive to loanees and signings.

I don't think there is anyway we would want him here, think this is just one of those amazing coincidences of timing!

May have split opinions of him between the fans here, but of the clubs he has been at they have been sorry to see him leave when he has gone.

PSumbler said:
I don't think there is anyway we would want him here, think this is just one of those amazing coincidences of timing!

There are certain individuals that I wouldn't want at the club, if if if it was him it would be another nail in where I want our club to be

3swan said:
PSumbler said:

There are certain individuals that I wouldn't want at the club, if if if it was him it would be another nail in where I want our club to be

I would tend to agree

I'm not entirely sure that Terry will ever have a career in management, to be honest. I think his ego would mean that he would want to walk into a fairly 'big' club, i.e. Championship upwards...but I think that the backlash there would be from ANY fanbase to him would mean that it would stop a club going for him.

I feel that the only way he'll be picked up as a manager is if a L2 or L1 club come in for him and fans of those clubs would probably like to have a 'name' to gain more exposure. I just think Terry won't stoop to that.

Edit: Which may, ironically, actually mean that we may be interested in him. 2 weeks to go until the season starts, we're up sh*t's creek and could install a 'name' at the helm...with the owners not caring if there's a backlash at this late stage...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back