• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Key and Tymon

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Shocking so far this season. Key looks a shadow of his former self and Tymon was getting ripped to shreds for the first twenty minutes today. Much like vs Ollie Tanner.

Both seem unfit but for me seem to have gone backwards at a rate of knots. Indeed they're making Cabango and Darling look reliable

Shocking so far this season. Key looks a shadow of his former self and Tymon was getting ripped to shreds for the first twenty minutes today. Much like vs Ollie Tanner.

Both seem unfit but for me seem to have gone backwards at a rate of knots. Indeed they're making Cabango and Darling look reliable
Agree that they both look sluggish, but in fairness by hook or by crook we haven't conceded too many so far. Our problems are in midfield and at the top end of the pitch.

Agree that they both look sluggish, but in fairness by hook or by crook we haven't conceded too many so far. Our problems are in midfield and at the top end of the pitch.
I think it's more luck than judgement tbh. Middlesbrough, goal came from a penalty which was earned from a winger. Goal for Cardiff came from open space on our left side and today completely open down our right for their goal.

Both were outrun so much today it was frightening. Two good players last season look a shell this season and no idea why

Key and Tymon excel when they can bomb forwards, their biggest strengths being their ability to deliver a cross and their stamina getting up and down the pitch for the whole 90 minutes.

This change in shape and formation that LW is going with has stripped that freedom from them and with it they look like shadows of their former selves from last season.

Key and Tymon excel when they can bomb forwards, their biggest strengths being their ability to deliver a cross and their stamina getting up and down the pitch for the whole 90 minutes.

This change in shape and formation that LW is going with has stripped that freedom from them and with it they look like shadows of their former selves from last season.
In fairness Tymon isn't bombing down anywhere soon, he's blowing out of his ass and lunging in after 20 minutes...

From what I've seen so far this season I think Key is too slight for Championship football. He simply doesn't look strong enough, looks like he needs to do a weights programme in the gym.

Tymon on the other hand, I think he can cope physically but he appears to have zero recovery pace when asked to run back towards his own goal. Kind of problematic when you're a full back whose primary function is to deal with wingers who want to run in behind you.

We're struggling everywhere at the moment. Only the keeper isn't giving me heebie geebies, I think we've managed to find a good 'un there. But the rest of the side right now.... 🤮

From what I've seen so far this season I think Key is too slight for Championship football. He simply doesn't look strong enough, looks like he needs to do a weights programme in the gym.

Tymon on the other hand, I think he can cope physically but he appears to have zero recovery pace when asked to run back towards his own goal. Kind of problematic when you're a full back whose primary function is to deal with wingers who want to run in behind you.

We're struggling everywhere at the moment. Only the keeper isn't giving me heebie geebies, I think we've managed to find a good 'un there. But the rest of the side right now.... 🤮
I always look at the replays of the goals on the Saturday EFL show. It’s like watching Groundhog Day ! Tymon waltzes forwards, leaving a plot of land you could build 2 house on behind him. This Is duly filled by the opposition’s attacker, who runs straight through on goal. So if we play Ji-Sung Eom on that same side, it’s even worse.
You have a wingback who can’t defend, and a wide man who can’t tackle. Our scattergun recruitment policy has a lot to answer for 😩😩😩

Don't see Tymon as a wingback..if we had more presence and power in our midfield we could allow Tymon to not over commit but he is filling gaps ahead of him

I always look at the replays of the goals on the Saturday EFL show. It’s like watching Groundhog Day ! Tymon waltzes forwards, leaving a plot of land you could build 2 house on behind him. This Is duly filled by the opposition’s attacker, who runs straight through on goal. So if we play Ji-Sung Eom on that same side, it’s even worse.
You have a wingback who can’t defend, and a wide man who can’t tackle. Our scattergun recruitment policy has a lot to answer for 😩😩😩
If the full back attacks then another player needs to fill in the space left by the attacking full back. Unless Pep has invented a way in which a player can be in two places at the same time, I'm sure what Tymon can do.

The approach to transfers in this window has been less scatter gun than this time last season.

If the full back attacks then another player needs to fill in the space left by the attacking full back. Unless Pep has invented a way in which a player can be in two places at the same time, I'm sure what Tymon can do.

The approach to transfers in this window has been less scatter gun than this time last season.
I'm less bothered by Tymon being caught out when high up the pitch and more concerned about when he gets caught out time, and time, and time again when he's <10 yards from his own box. He was one of our few bright spots last season, so I've no idea what's happened during pre-season, but he's been miles off it so far.

Still, trust him to sort it out and get back to his pomp. We've got two top quality full-backs when they're firing, and we can't say that about many others in the squad.

Tymon needs to work on his fitness this international break, whereas Key just looks short of confidence. He's gone from a player who looks for work to someone who looks to get rid of the ball as soon as it comes his way. Both will come good, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Key has passed backwards drilled into him similar to Toe...its as if they have no confidence going forward and linking the play

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back