• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Legalising Marijuana

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 80
  • Views: Views 7,067
Legalise it, make it freely available, sell it properly, make it as clean as possible, tax it.

Surely ‘personal choice, no nanny state’ arseholes like Braverman and Truss can support no other position?

Edit. If people want it they can get it just as easily, but the money goes to gangsters, creates gang wars and promotes dirty cut contaminated supply.

See prohibition in Yanko and how the Mafia grew from it.

monmouth said:
Legalise it, make it freely available, sell it properly, make it as clean as possible, tax it.

Surely ‘personal choice, no nanny state’ arseholes like Braverman and Truss can support no other position?

Most libertarians are only libertarian when it suits them. And they’re mostly pretty thick.

It’s been legal in Canada for years now. Every strip mall has a cannabis store.

ABSwan said:

Interesting. I was in Vancouver three years ago and the locals told me that there were very few shops and in any case, it was cheaper on the street.

Apparently the best CBD oil for pain comes from Canada.
It's rubbish over here, apparently.

J_B said:
ABSwan said:

Interesting. I was in Vancouver three years ago and the locals told me that there were very few shops and in any case, it was cheaper on the street.

I was in Vancouver 4 years ago on honeymoon. We stayed in the West End area near Stanley Park and walked along Robson Street into Downtown. It seemed like every fourth or fifth shop was a Cannabis store.

Perhaps things changed very quickly in a year, or the locals you spoke to didn't know the city that well.

On the flip side, we ended up walking past an area that we found out later is well known for methadone clinics and there were a hell of a lot of people on the streets that did not look well.

I have friends I've known for decades who have been smoking dope/weed for decades and still are and they were sane when they started and are still sane now, in fact, some of the sanest people I know. Some of them run businesses and they all have decent jobs. I have seen no evidence that it starts you off on a downward slope unless you are already on one or have a few issues. I played in bands for nearly 30 years and it was simply part of the scene but anyone with a drink problem never lasted long in any band. I stopped when I got married. Decriminalisation and a degree of control should be the first step towards legalisation IMO.

ABSwan said:

They legalised it in 2018, there’s been an increase use of about 40% since they did so. Apparently a lot of users are still buying it from illegal sources because the legal product is too weak and too expensive.
They have a serious problem regarding heroin and cocaine use now and are looking to legalise it in 2023.

Lifelong said:
ABSwan said:

They legalised it in 2018, there’s been an increase use of about 40% since they did so. Apparently a lot of users are still buying it from illegal sources because the legal product is too weak and too expensive.
They have a serious problem regarding heroin and cocaine use now and are looking to legalise it in 2023.

Plenty of positives to come out of it, by the looks of things.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cannabis-changed-canada-1.6219493

Have you thought any more of why you don't want to see alcohol classified as an illegal substance?

Lifelong said:
ABSwan said:

Have you thought any more of why you don't want to see alcohol classified as an illegal substance?

Neath_Jack said:
Lifelong said:

Not really, it’s simply not going to happen.

Lifelong said:
Neath_Jack said:

Not really, it’s simply not going to happen.

It doesn't matter if it's going to happen or not, I'm just interested in your thinking that you don't want a relatively harmless drug legalised, but are happy for alcohol to be legal, despite its harmful effects. Doesn't make sense.

According to the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction, the top addictions in Canada are:

Alcohol
Cannabis
Cocaine
Gambling
Methamphetamine
Opioids & prescription drugs

The latest figures estimate that alcohol costs the NHS around £3.5 billion each year, which is a staggering amount. This up from the estimates in 2006/7 which was around £2.7 billion. There are many difficulties in recording costs for alcohol-related harm and, as such, it would not be surprising if both of these figures were actually higher.

https://www.lape.org.uk/the-cost-of-alcohol-on-the-nhs/

It's illegal to sell intoxicated people booze......but my word it happens.
Alcohol is a massive issue in Britain but then so are drugs.
If drugs are legalised would users be happy to have a drugs alternative to a breathalyser?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back