• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Legalising Marijuana

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 80
  • Views: Views 7,067
Captain_Sham said:
The latest figures estimate that alcohol costs the NHS around £3.5 billion each year, which is a staggering amount. This up from the estimates in 2006/7 which was around £2.7 billion. There are many difficulties in recording costs for alcohol-related harm and, as such, it would not be surprising if both of these figures were actually higher.

https://www.lape.org.uk/the-cost-of-alcohol-on-the-nhs/

Obesity costs the NHS over £6 billion a year.
Some studies suggest that sugar is just as addictive as cocaine.
There are a number of other substances that are addictive that cause serious health problems, the problem being that people consume too much of a good thing, this is the issue with alcohol.

Lifelong said:
Captain_Sham said:
The latest figures estimate that alcohol costs the NHS around £3.5 billion each year, which is a staggering amount. This up from the estimates in 2006/7 which was around £2.7 billion. There are many difficulties in recording costs for alcohol-related harm and, as such, it would not be surprising if both of these figures were actually higher.

https://www.lape.org.uk/the-cost-of-alcohol-on-the-nhs/

Obesity costs the NHS over £6 billion a year.
Some studies suggest that sugar is just as addictive as cocaine.
There are a number of other substances that are addictive that cause serious health problems, the problem being that people consume too much of a good thing, this is the issue with alcohol.

I'm yet to hear of any reports of individuals committing a crime to feed thier sugar addiction, but I sort of get your point.

It's hard to say whether marijuana should be legalized or not. On the one hand, it is just a substance that allows you to relax, but on the other hand, it can cause psychological addiction. But virtually any product can be addictive: sugar, carbohydrates, proteins. Then the government needs to ban everything harmful.

Ditartyn said:
It's hard to say whether marijuana should be legalized or not. On the one hand, it is just a substance that allows you to relax, but on the other hand, it can cause psychological addiction. But virtually any product can be addictive: sugar, carbohydrates, proteins. Then the government needs to ban everything harmful.

What about magic mushrooms 🍄

The bottom line is that people still don't feel conscious. I started buying the best delta 8 carts a couple of months ago and using marijuana via vape. I do it only a few times a week, and I don't feel addicted because I am a balanced person who understands the consequences of bad habits."

Nearly a third of all schizophrenia cases are being linked to the use of cannabis. I spoke to a senior health care professional a few years back who said that a switch is flicked within a lot of drug users minds that is never switched off in many instances.

To make matters worse U.K streets are now being flooded by the drug courtesy of Albanian drug dealers/growers that entered the U.K via illegal small boat entry from France. According to a judge that particular drug problem is at 'epidemic' levels.

And 'Skunk' is according to the senior health care professional I spoke to an absolutely terrible drug for causing permanent and catastrophic end results.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/04/schizophrenia-cannabis-use-marijuana-young-men-study/
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cannabis-farms-run-albanian-criminal-27594644

In Germany it will soon be legal to grow 3 cannabis plants for personal use. Joked with my neighbour that I‘d plant 4 in the greenhouse and wait for the sirens. Registered cooperatives will also be allowed to grow and distribute for personal consumption.
In all seriousness, the idea is to increase supply to weaken the profits for the Albanians and reduce toxicity. The original proposal was to make it available in pharmacies so the reform has been watered down as it went through parliament.

Longlostjack said:
In Germany it will soon be legal to grow 3 cannabis plants for personal use. Joked with my neighbour that I‘d plant 4 in the greenhouse and wait for the sirens. Registered cooperatives will also be allowed to grow and distribute for personal consumption.
In all seriousness, the idea is to increase supply to weaken the profits for the Albanians and reduce toxicity. The original proposal was to make it available in pharmacies so the reform has been watered down as it went through parliament.

Even watered down, that's a more sensible approach than Britain is taking. Which is a surprise to absolutely no-one.

"Nearly a third of all schizophrenia cases are being linked to the use of cannabis. I spoke to a senior health care professional a few years back who said that a switch is flicked within a lot of drug users minds that is never switched off in many instances. "

I was involved in mental health care from quite a young age. A paranoid schizophrenic taught me how to play the piano but he couldn't go to the pub without heating everyone's thoughts.
Another one couldn't walk, in his mind.
He could run up and down the stairs for tea etc. But not out in the street
The mind is an amazingly complex simple machine. It filters out the real world if it thinks you can't handle it.
Their problem was their filter was stuck open.

All old world drugs were originally taken for ritual enjoyment, divination, hunting and battle.

If you're going to legalise it, you're going to have to up your game on how you're going to deal with a load of office rankers having whiteys
I tired

Do work in a place where customers are in the area whilst I am doing my duties , the smell on some shoppers is obvious .

No idea what the answer is to legalisation rules , but have noticed more people are using it , change your clothes mun .

After my late shift , go to drive home and maybe a spot check the Law might pull me in on being a waccy baccy user . :D

Robbie said:
Do work in a place where customers are in the area whilst I am doing my duties , the smell on some shoppers is obvious .

No idea what the answer is to legalisation rules , but have noticed more people are using it , change your clothes mun .

After my late shift , go to drive home and maybe a spot check the Law might pull me in on being a waccy baccy user . :D

It absolutely stinks lol, , who is smoking that.. :lol: You imagine trying to be discreet as a smoker these days, ha ha they will smell you miles away. :lol:

Hey @Swanabout, you bring up some really thought-provoking points. The connection between cannabis use and mental health is indeed a complex issue that warrants careful study and consideration, especially as more places are moving towards legalization. For those interested in cannabis culture or products, resources like bubbler pipe on Dank Geek offer an array of durable and functional glassware, but they also represent a facet of a larger conversation that includes responsible use and awareness of potential risks. Overall, I think your point about "upping our game" in terms of preparedness and mental health resources is spot on.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back