• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Liam Cullen

Darran said:
Out of the squad.

https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1639529862602915840?s=46&t=YrA5R94B6n_o7qV2eu8CAg

Not exactly blessed with strikers so that is an odd one.
I was more expecting him to be involved against Latvia though

bakajack said:
Not exactly blessed with strikers so that is an odd one.
I was more expecting him to be involved against Latvia though

Page is not the answer for this Welsh team. Kick in the bollocks for Liam.

All that means is that he's not included in the matchday squad for tonight's game. There's always a few extras that don't make the cut. Broadhead, Bradshaw and Moore the options up front, and Page usually plays one or none.

Longlostjack said:
How on earth do Broadhead and Bradshaw get picked before Cullen?

Probably because they're both better players than he is.

jasper_T said:
Probably because they're both better players than he is.

Jasp is right, Cullen is a six yard box merchant and an average one at that, he's useless at football

People having a go at our young players…

Dear me.

People are twats.

Etc…..

They're not wrong though. Cullen is pretty hapless at everything other than scoring goals.

He's done far better than I expected him to this season. What few chances have fallen to him have generally been dispatched. But let's not pretend that he's a good footballer. For all his alleged faults Obafemi was a much better all round player.

Dr. Winston said:
They're not wrong though. Cullen is pretty hapless at everything other than scoring goals.

He's done far better than I expected him to this season. What few chances have fallen to him have generally been dispatched. But let's not pretend that he's a good footballer. For all his alleged faults Obafemi was a much better all round player.

Obafemi wouldn’t be eligible to play for Wales though.

Dr. Winston said:

His job is to score goals. He might be young but he’s been in and out of the team for years under a succession of managers and whenever he’s been in the side he has scored goals, and pretty similar goals to Andre Ayew as it happens. I’m not saying he a world beater by any stretch but he’s honest and decent.

The post I made was actually more of an observation about our weird fans where on the one hand Nathan Wood’s ability as young player player cannot be critiqued yet Liam Cullen has been trashed since he was a seventeen year old kid, since day one. Odd fans we got.

Itchysphincter said:
His job is to score goals. He might be young but he’s been in and out of the team for years under a succession of managers and whenever he’s been in the side he has scored goals, and pretty similar goals to Andre Ayew as it happens. I’m not saying he a world beater by any stretch but he’s honest and decent.

The post I made was actually more of an observation about our weird fans where on the one hand Nathan Wood’s ability as young player player cannot be critiqued yet Liam Cullen has been trashed since he was a seventeen year old kid, since day one. Odd fans we got.

Wood has been critiqued.... He's rubbish as a defender

Itchysphincter said:

You're spot on about Cullen. I can't think of many poachers that are fantastic footballers. They don't need to be. They need to score goals which is the most important part of football.

And he does. Impressively so with his limited minutes and being benched after a run of about four in six also.

Itchysphincter said:

Who was trashing him at 17? He was 20 before he made a Championship appearance. At 17 he was getting a few minutes here and there on the wing for Cam Toshack's u23s because Toshack preferred more physical strikers like Baker-Richardson and Botti Biabi. Rob Page did the same for Wales u21s, with Harris or Broadhead tending to start centrally when Cullen was in the squad.

Turns 24 next month and is having the first goalscoring purple patch of his senior career. 1 goal his first season, 1 goal the next, 1 goal in 20 on loan at Lincoln... it's simply not the case that he's scored goals (plural) whenever he's been involved. Wood (who has been slated loads) is much younger and looks more accomplished at this level already.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back