• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mark Drakeford - The New Health Minister ...

Just because you can't find it, or choose not to acknowledge it, you are the one talking out of your arse.

Just because you can't find it, or choose not to acknowledge it, you are the one talking out of your arse.
I’ve given you the figures mush. They clearly show deaths are down. You said it was the opposite. But you can’t provide anything to back it up.

Well I just googled “Wales 20mph deaths increase ITV news” and came up with zilch. So I’ll stick with the official figures which show the opposite of what you said ITV said.

But the number of serious road collisions saw an increase, from 792 in 2022 to 891 in 2023.

There were 98 people killed in traffic accidents in the country last year, compared to 96 a year earlier.

Didn't take long to find something. Care to backtrack?

Well no. The figures in that article (which was from the BBC two months ago not ITV two days ago, but I digress) are for 2023. The 20mph limit was of course introduced in September 2023, so was in force for only a quarter of that year.

The more up to date figures for the first quarter of this year in the article I linked (published a few short days ago) are for the first quarter of this year, so taking into account seven months of the default 20mph limit and clearly show a drop in both deaths and casualties now that the limit has been on force longer.

But y’know, feel free to keep trying.

Well no. The figures in that article (which was from the BBC two months ago not ITV two days ago, but I digress) are for 2023. The 20mph limit was of course introduced in September 2023, so was in force for only a quarter of that year.

The more up to date figures for the first quarter of this year in the article I linked (published a few short days ago) are for the first quarter of this year, so taking into account seven months of the default 20mph limit and clearly show a drop in both deaths and casualties now that the limit has been on force longer.

But y’know, feel free to keep trying.
just ignore the first few months, they don't count mun

Here are your stats. Source: Road Safety Wales.
Scope: all roads.

Data.JPG

Last edited:
I know this thread is about the 20mph speed limits so apologies for going off topic….. I’ve nothing particular against Drakeford and could care less about 20mph limits, but why can’t these people just go quietly? He’s had his time, surely his calling to serve is not that strong.

I enjoy sticking to the 20mph limit (as with all speed limits). Then some fool tailgates me for going "too slow" and gesticulates wildly at me. But, I am so pleased to save him/her from committing a criminal offence by speeding and possibly incurring a fine and penalty points.😇

I enjoy sticking to the 20mph limit (as with all speed limits). Then some fool tailgates me for going "too slow" and gesticulates wildly at me. But, I am so pleased to save him/her from committing a criminal offence by speeding and possibly incurring a fine and penalty points.😇
I do the complete opposite and slow down even more. People don’t seem to like that much.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back