• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin – We lacked intensity, I’m not happy

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 1,790

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Russell Martin was unhappy with the way his side played in the second half during the 3-1 win against Coventry City. The second half saw Michael Obafemi add to his goal tally but Gustavo Hamer pulled one back for the visitors after some sloppy play at the back. It was that goal, and a number […]

Read more

Before Russ gets ahead of himself he should cast his mind back to Sheffield all of two weeks ago, possibly the most inept performance for quite a while...

Baby steps 👍

Again, very clever man management. Great win, keep their feet on the ground. Let’s get better.

Sirjohnalot said:
Again, very clever man management. Great win, keep their feet on the ground. Let’s get better.

He is right enough we dd sit back almost as soon as it went to 3-0 - the subs were also defensive but understandable I guess given we play again Tuesday

I agree with him.
Assured up to 2-0 and then you could see us getting very sloppy. I wouldn’t even say we particularly overplayed in dangerous areas today but realistically gifted them 3/4 chances including the one they scored. Wasn’t Mannings best performance on the ball.

Sloppy at times yes but there's not many clubs who don't look to protect a comfortable 3-0 lead. Coventry also improved in the 2nd half. When we came back from 3 down at Luton. Was it a great 2nd half from us? Nathan Jones would suggest just what RM said. Overall a much better performance IMO.

Fair assessment and not much to argue with.
One of Grimes best games IMHO.
Good platform to build on.
Good time to play Fulham, although gutted Christie can't play

He probably should have left Obafemi on then. He was the one doing most of the pressing of their back line.

Not as if he's been overworked this season either. Would have made far more sense to give Piroe a break.

Dr. Winston said:
He probably should have left Obafemi on then. He was the one doing most of the pressing of their back line.

Not as if he's been overworked this season either. Would have made far more sense to give Piroe a break.

Piroe is definitely not the same player when Obafemi plays up top , really doesn't suit him .

Dr. Winston said:

Reference to Obafemi, am developing a man crush. Love his effort willingness to chase everything and his pace will scare the fck outa the scum in a few weeks.

cmajack said:
Piroe is definitely not the same player when Obafemi plays up top , really doesn't suit him .

We need to get them both in the same side and this is the best way to do it. Piroe dropped deep often enough when he led the line himself so it's not a huge adjustment for him. It'll come.

Listened to the interview. I thought it was a good assessment, but would it be churlish to point out that it’s his job to guard against it, not just to observe and report it. All managers always seem to do that, describe things as if it’s all some great mystery beyond control. If Coventry had scored earlier, and they really should have, that might have ended uncomfortably. Great win in the end, no harm done, learn from it and move on.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back