• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin – We lacked intensity, I’m not happy

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 1,790
monmouth said:
Listened to the interview. I thought it was a good assessment, but would it be churlish to point out that it’s his job to guard against it, not just to observe and report it. All managers always seem to do that, describe things as if it’s all some great mystery beyond control. If Coventry had scored earlier, and they really should have, that might have ended uncomfortably. Great win in the end, no harm done, learn from it and move on.

they should have scored a few, but i think it was more a case of thinking the game was finished on 50 mins and we didnt really bother after that

CurtessECarr said:
Sloppy at times yes but there's not many clubs who don't look to protect a comfortable 3-0 lead. Coventry also improved in the 2nd half. When we came back from 3 down at Luton. Was it a great 2nd half from us? Nathan Jones would suggest just what RM said. Overall a much better performance IMO.

I agree that it's all too easy psychologically to drop a gear when you're 3 up but game management is all a part of what you need to do and ours seemed to be very poor. At 2-0 up towards the end of the first half we tried hard to gift them a goal and had several attempts again in the second half. I wasn't as happy leaving the ground as I would have expected to be after a 3-1 win because we were awful for the last 15 minutes. Of course teams are going to throw everything at you in the later stages of a game they're losing as they've got nothing to lose but that's true in every game so it shouldn't really come as a shock when it happens and it doesn't mean you have to give them a helping hand. Miserable bastard me, yes, before anyone else says so. :D

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back