• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin and the players

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Is he fully in charge?

This Paterson saga is odd, Fulton playing a half only is odd perhaps due to whoever wants to sign him insisting he gets game time?
Hamer still playing after he obviously wanted to sign Fisher.
Is there any truth in rumours he's told some players they can leave as he doesn't rate them?

Pressure is mounting now

I've no idea if there is anything, but I do have some gut feeling that not everyone is pulling together.

Is the problem him? Is he this "big time Charlie" who isn't at the right club for all he wants to achieve?
Players can be moody as we know, but with a manager who has a ego as big as he has it gets wearing quickly.

dickythorpe said:
Is he fully in charge?

This Paterson saga is odd, Fulton playing a half only is odd perhaps due to whoever wants to sign him insisting he gets game time?
Hamer still playing after he obviously wanted to sign Fisher.
Is there any truth in rumours he's told some players they can leave as he doesn't rate them?

Pressure is mounting now

Fulton only played a half because he was utter gash

dickythorpe said:
Is the problem him? Is he this "big time Charlie" who isn't at the right club for all he wants to achieve?
Players can be moody as we know, but with a manager who has a ego as big as he has it gets wearing quickly.

Well I've just watched his post match interview, he's deluded

Nocountryforoldjack said:
dickythorpe said:
What did he say?

Something along the lines of we were brilliant second half and grimes was God like

Sounds like standard fair.
I appreciate Grimes can only play with what is around him. but on the few occasions players are making intelligent runs and are open for a pass from him, he still doesn't see it.
There are times when a starting 11 without Grimes wouldn't harm.
Must say with Downes playing last Tuesday Grimes had a much better game, but overall I think he holds us back

STID2017 said:
Something along the lines of we were brilliant second half and grimes was God like

I appreciate Grimes can only play with what is around him. but on the few occasions players are making intelligent runs and are open for a pass from him, he still doesn't see it.
Must say with Downes playing last Tuesday Grimes had a much better game, but overall I think he holds us back

Ok were we brilliant second half? The was an improvement in urgency and a bit more football but it's a big stretch to say we were brilliant. Sales man talk for me that is.

STID2017 said:

Ok were we brilliant second half? The was an improvement in urgency and a bit more football but it's a big stretch to say we were brilliant. Sales man talk for me that is.

Still making the long journey home..
There was nothing "brilliant" about that second half. Better than the first half, but that wouldn't have taken much.
I agree RM is trying to put too much of a spin on things when they go wrong.
Baffled me why he made Ntcham and Obafemi warm up for 50 mins before introducing them.
Should have changed it in the first half when it was clear things weren't working
Does raise doubts in his decision making IMHO

STID2017 said:

Still making the long journey home..
There was nothing "brilliant" about that second half. Better than the first half, but that wouldn't have taken much.
I agree RM is trying to put too much of a spin on things when they go wrong.
Baffled me why he made Ntcham and Obafemi warm up for 50 mins before introducing them.
Should have changed it in the first half when it was clear things weren't working
Does raise doubts in his decision making IMHO

Well done on making the trek.... Brave man

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back