• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin says “players were tired” after pre season fitness build

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 2,683
Fireboy said:
Neath_Jack said:
They were tired last season because they didn't have a pre-season :lol:

Htf weren't they tired if they DIDN'T have a pre-season 🤣🤣

I believe Martin's point was that they hadn't had a pre-season under his management, so they weren't used to playing his way and weren't fit enough for it. Not saying I agree, but I think that was his point last season.

JackSomething said:
Fireboy said:

I believe Martin's point was that they hadn't had a pre-season under his management, so they weren't used to playing his way and weren't fit enough for it. Not saying I agree, but I think that was his point last season.
So no excuses this season then , now that they have had a pre season under him .

Given that players mostly concentrate on CV and fitness work during early pre-season, often doing double sessions, I see no real issue with them being a bit leggy today.

Pre-season training is not the same as mid season training.

JackSomething said:
Fireboy said:

Yeah I know 🙄

People actually criticising Martin for that comment? He’s stating the obvious, players have been working hard on their fitness, they will be tired

Why does he feel the need to say that? Pre season games are not about results but gaining fitness and sharpness.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back