• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Has Martin lost the players?

Manning had a good game, decent with his build up play and put 3 excellent crosses in. He absolutely got frustrated towards the end of the game and so did Darling, who must have been sick of having all the ball and just seeing a static team ahead of him.

I don't think he's the lost the players though personally, but we're all just guessing either way.

I can’t believe the players buy into all his bollocks

PSumbler said:
Not disagreeing with the sentiment of the OP but Piroe has featured in 47 of the 48 league games under Martin. Not sure he was ever "discarded"

Yeah, I know, but he was definitely made an example of for the first game last season. I know DrW. will point at Piroe going on to have a good season as vindication for Martin’s methods but we have no way of knowing that he wouldn’t have had such a good season if he’d been treated with respect since the beginning. Martin is screaming despotic out of control lunatic at the moment. He’s treated the fans and opposition with contempt and whilst it was irritating me last season it sent me apoplectic yesterday.

Controversial_one said:
I have indeed joined this forum, as the other one has lost it's way. Trying to find out how to reply to individual posters though.

All forums lose their way, up to the mods to keep it under control.

ECB was a mod last week and he shat the bed and locked threads cos he went to the pub! 😂😂😂

Back in topic.

I don’t think we have a voice in the dressing room who is willing and able to stand up and voice opinion. They appear a timid bunch on the pitch so I can’t see that being any different on the training ground.

Things may change after yesterday as you have to go a very long way to read anything remotely positive about our game and tactics. The players will be acutely aware of the negativity and yesterday might be what drives some sort of uprising.

Grimes is a mute. I watched him very closely yesterday.
Stealing a living.

Fully agree he can't motivate himself so no hope with him getting the team going. I don't see what he gives us, yet Potter, Cooper & Martin have him as first name on the teamsheet

Swansea City boss insists he won't be budging from the mantra of how he wants his team to play despite the Blackburn Rovers horror show.

But he stressed: "I'm pretty sure the success was built on some tough times in the transition under Roberto (Martinez) many years ago and sticking with it. We'll stick with this for as long as we're wanted here and deemed good enough to do the job.

"We really believe in it and over a period of time we really believe that we can be really successful here."

Swansea93 said:
Swansea City boss insists he won't be budging from the mantra of how he wants his team to play despite the Blackburn Rovers horror show.

But he stressed: "I'm pretty sure the success was built on some tough times in the transition under Roberto (Martinez) many years ago and sticking with it. We'll stick with this for as long as we're wanted here and deemed good enough to do the job.

"We really believe in it and over a period of time we really believe that we can be really successful here."

Firstly he’s wrong, as the first Martinez season showed exactly what he was trying to do and with immediate impact on the pitch. Secondly his style is nothing like Martinez which was defined by quick movement, passing and fast attacking football. In some ways it was a case of ‘if you score 2 we’ll score 3’. It was as far removed from this as it’s possible to be.

Surely at some point those who’ve been around the club for ages will point it out? Although I’m not sure we have many of them left?

Swansea93 said:

Ah yes the same Martinez that we lost only a handful over a season and a half in League One leading to League One promotion.

Along with Brendan who led us to the Premier League in one season.

All this fraud has managed is to take us down from 4th to 15th and so far from 15th to 22nd.

A4Jack said:
Swansea93 said:

Ah yes the same Martinez that we lost only a handful over a season and a half in League One leading to League One promotion.

All this fraud has managed is to take us down from 4th to 15th and so far from 15th to 22nd.

He might see us as 3 points from the play off and 5 from top place.

3swan said:
A4Jack said:

He might see us as 3 points from the play off and 5 from top place.

And no doubt in joint position with his beloved Norwich who have a massive budget. He has already said we are no worse off points wise than this time last season.

Swansea93 said:

Really?

Cooperman said:
Swansea93 said:

Really?

Yes but by over time he meant when he's allowed to sign the rest of the MK Dons team who will steamroll us to the League One title

A4Jack said:
Swansea93 said:

There was always a feeling of upwards trajectory in the Martinez years and those that followed. Not always steep but very much an upward trend over time.

I had a little bit of the same feeling in the early stages of last season but that’s now well and truly dissipated. We are not even flat, teams have worked us out and know how to counteract us.

Blackpool, Millwall and Luton are massive games in the context of his future.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back