• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

MND

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a complete b*stard of an illness.

My MIL started being treated for it back in March after a series of falls that eventually they put down to the onset of MND. Now completely wheelchair bound, complete loss of legs and one arm with the other one fading fast.

Exceptionally hard to watch and heartbreaking to watch the FIL and wife go through the pain of how life can change in a complete instant.

My MIL started being treated for it back in March after a series of falls that eventually they put down to the onset of MND. Now completely wheelchair bound, complete loss of legs and one arm with the other one fading fast.

Exceptionally hard to watch and heartbreaking to watch the FIL and wife go through the pain of how life can change in a complete instant.
Sorry to hear this Phil, must be desperately difficult for you all.

Terrible news, Phil. Sorry to hear this.

Be there for them as much as you can.

So sorry to read this Phil. Hope Mrs S is ok.

Such a horrible disease, takes a toll on the whole family. We have had this in my wife’s family and I send my best wishes for your family.

Really heartbreaking reading that Phil, Best Wishes to your Wife and to you and rest of your family, its a dreadful disease :cry:

I’m sorry to hear this awful news and I 100% concur with Cooperman about being there for them as much as you can. I lost my dad a month ago after a short battle against cancer, he was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer at the start of April and passed 7 weeks later, fortunately he didn't suffer a great deal.
I took a month off which I spent with him and my mother before he passed. We didn’t expect to lose him so quickly, but we were comforted by the fact he didn’t suffer.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

I lost my Mother in the November of 2021 with a disease called PSP it is on a similar spectrum as MND, bloody awful disease.

Last edited:

So sorry to hear that Phil. Thoughts are with you and all your family.

Terrible. Life is so shit sometimes. Best wishes Phil.

I hope it’s ok to post this but Phil’s mother in law sadly passed away yesterday.
Much love to Angela,Phil,Lucy,Gemma and all the family. ♥️♥️♥️

I wrote that post on 23rd June.

On 24th July (yesterday) my MIL fell asleep for the last time in the afternoon. We are grateful that she did not suffer as much as she potentially could have but how life can change so quickly. A dreadful dreadful disease (as I said in the OP a complete b*stard of an illness) that has taken away a wife, mother, grandmother and aunty in such a short period of time)

RIP Anne, we will never forget you

West Brom v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back