• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morgan Whittaker

Not good enough for us though apparently.

Cheers Russy.
Let's be fair, he was never really that good when he had a run with us be it under Martin or Cooper.

It's football, players just don't settle in an area, environment or under certain managers.......its like a rubik cube, if one thing is out then it doesn't work.

The only hope for us is that he moves on soon at a good fee so we can get our cut.

Let's be fair, he was never really that good when he had a run with us be it under Martin or Cooper.

It's football, players just don't settle in an area, environment or under certain managers.......its like a rubik cube, if one thing is out then it doesn't work.

The only hope for us is that he moves on soon at a good fee so we can get our cut.
When did he have a run under either manager? Did i miss something...

Nonsense. What run was that then?

Are you the one that made up your mind about him when some bloke who follows Derby told you he was a wrong’un?

You people just need to get back to watching football and stop pretending to understand anything. Morgan Whittaker always looked decent on the limited opportunities he was grudgingly given.

He was never given a run of games though, admittedly he looked ordinary when he did play but as a young player he needed but never had the belief of the manager.
Cooper was just as guilty with Gyokeres - although at least he was only on loan.

Whittaker will go down in history with Swansea City as a lesson in how not to manage a player, both on a coaching level and a club management level.

Ironically I think he would have been the kind of player that LW would want but him staying with us after Martin left was never going to happen after the catastrophic mismanagement by both Martin and the board. The lad scores a hat trick in the cup and gets drop from the squad altogether for the next game, is thriving and getting great confidence on loan at Plymouth and the club recalls him under a manager who doesn't rate him and forced him out on loan in the first place. We can't play him for a whole month in case someone does come in to buy him (as you can only play for 2 clubs in a single season), the gamble fails and he is then left to rot in the reserves by Martin.

I don't blame him one bit for wanting out the way the club handled him at every level.

Whittaker will go down in history with Swansea City as a lesson in how not to manage a player, both on a coaching level and a club management level.

Ironically I think he would have been the kind of player that LW would want but him staying with us after Martin left was never going to happen after the catastrophic mismanagement by both Martin and the board. The lad scores a hat trick in the cup and gets drop from the squad altogether for the next game, is thriving and getting great confidence on loan at Plymouth and the club recalls him under a manager who doesn't rate him and forced him out on loan in the first place. We can't play him for a whole month in case someone does come in to buy him (as you can only play for 2 clubs in a single season), the gamble fails and he is then left to rot in the reserves by Martin.

I don't blame him one bit for wanting out the way the club handled him at every level.
Fault lies with Wuss like it did with many of the other players he fell out with.

I've never known a manger to have so many players unfit to play due to their mental health.

Like when he scored a hat trick and wasn't picked next up? Or when he scored an excellent goal against Man City and wasn't picked next up? That sort of run?

He was never given a run of games though, admittedly he looked ordinary when he did play but as a young player he needed but never had the belief of the manager.
Cooper was just as guilty with Gyokeres - although at least he was only on loan.
Although Gyokeres was rank in every game he was picked for, unlike Whittaker. To be fair no one spotted anything in worthwhile in Gyokeres at the time or wanted him to play.

He's a very good player at Championship level, but I'm surprised Wolves and Brentford are sniffing around. He's another like Piroe who isn't quite Premiership standard, in my opinion.
But good luck and I hope it comes off, not least because of Swans add ons.

He's a very good player at Championship level, but I'm surprised Wolves and Brentford are sniffing around. He's another like Piroe who isn't quite Premiership standard, in my opinion.
But good luck and I hope it comes off, not least because of Swans add ons.
Nowhere near prem standard imo.

A quick look at his appearances on a site like transfermarkt will show you he never had a run in the team. Best he ever managed was playing the full 90 minutes for 2 games in a row under Martin. He scored in the first game and was dropped back to the bench after the second game.

I agree with Monny on Gyokeres. Nothing he did while here suggested the player he would go on to become. I remember watching the FA Cup game against Stevenage and even considering he scored his only goal for us in that game, he still looked pretty awful.

Also worth noting that on the rare occasions he did get a game he was invariably played on the flanks instead of in his natural position. The one he has thrived in at Plymouth.

When I think of the number of games Cullen got as Piroe's partner through the middle when MW was sat on the bench...

Swansea City v Norwich City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back