• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morris confirmed as investor / shareholder

Chief said:
Could the 5% discrepancy be for Cravatt / Coleman but they are waiting for fit and proper ratification?

Reports were Coleman, Cravatt and Morris were putting £10m in each I thought?

IF so, that means 50% of the club belongs to them, they are definitely working together aswell, if anything I’m guessing we’ll see more of Cravatt than Morris initially.

Chief said:
Could the 5% discrepancy be for Cravatt / Coleman but they are waiting for fit and proper ratification?

If they are not approved I’d imagine they wouldn’t have paid for shares. It’s just probably an error.

This is good news, new eyes and ears were needed IMO.. the Trust are funny though.. just a propaganda mouthpiece now

Can anyone locate his net worth, I've been searching online but can't find anything definitive or concrete

Skippyjack said:
Can anyone locate his net worth, I've been searching online but can't find anything definitive or concrete

I’m sure I saw 300M mentioned.

Swansea93 said:
I’m sure I saw 300M mentioned.

From people more switched on me with his line of work, apparently he's worth hell of alot more than what you can find online.

However, I highly doubt he'll be chucking money into a blackhole, and rightly so, we wouldn't want that. Just gives the club a bit of security, hopefully! Was in talks to take over Spurs a few years ago apparently.

Risc said:
From people more switched on me with his line of work, apparently he's worth hell of alot more than what you can find online.

However, I highly doubt he'll be chucking money into a blackhole, and rightly so, we wouldn't want that. Just gives the club a bit of security, hopefully! Was in talks to take over Spurs a few years ago apparently.

Yeah hopefully we’ll have a successful year and it will lead to a full takeover from him, but apparently he is a Spurs fan is a genuine football supporter so that’s good news in itself.

I'm seeing some talk in the trust statement and other commentaries of this investment being a means of 'keeping us sustainable'.

But isn't the club losing 15million a year and needing money to plug debts the epitome of unsustainable? I understand they haven't lent this money to the club or been leveraged against the stadium etc so theres little risk to the club at this point, but what happens next year when another hefty deficit is recorded in the accounts?

Chief said:
I'm seeing some talk in the trust statement and other commentaries of this investment being a means of 'keeping us sustainable'.

But isn't the club losing 15million a year and needing money to plug debts the epitome of unsustainable? I understand they haven't lent this money to the club or been leveraged against the stadium etc so theres little risk to the club at this point, but what happens next year when another hefty deficit is recorded in the accounts?

If we can cut wages ~£5m a year from what they have been, or better yet get down to the amounts clubs like Coventry and Luton have been spending, and make constant big player sales (minimum one Downes every season) then that puts us into vaguely sustainable territory. The £20m deficit we ran in Martin's first season is obviously an impossible task to cover year on year with new investment. "Backing the manager" with outrageously expensive loans like Christie/Wolf/Grant does the club no good at all.

Realistically clubs at this level can only run sustainably if they're a tight ship with a small squad (backed by a good academy), and have a manager who is happy to work under those conditions. New investment clears the debts and gives the club some cashflow to work with, but unless much more is to come then spending has to be reined in. Speculate only after accumulating from the last speculation (Piroe, maybe Wood).

jasper_T said:
If we can cut wages ~£5m a year from what they have been, or better yet get down to the amounts clubs like Coventry and Luton have been spending, and make constant big player sales (minimum one Downes every season) then that puts us into vaguely sustainable territory. The £20m deficit we ran in Martin's first season is obviously an impossible task to cover year on year with new investment. "Backing the manager" with outrageously expensive loans like Christie/Wolf/Grant does the club no good at all.

Realistically clubs at this level can only run sustainably if they're a tight ship with a small squad (backed by a good academy), and have a manager who is happy to work under those conditions. New investment clears the debts and gives the club some cashflow to work with, but unless much more is to come then spending has to be reined in. Speculate only after accumulating from the last speculation (Piroe, maybe Wood).

Yes agreed there has to be a longer term plan than just getting this money now to plug an existing gap, the money has to be used to make sure gaps like what we currently have don't appear in future. I wouldn't say this money is enough or it realistic that it'll buy us a proportion winning team so there has to be an alternative plan.

Hopefully Watson is part of that.

Chief said:
Yes agreed there has to be a longer term plan than just getting this money now to plug an existing gap, the money has to be used to make sure gaps like what we currently have don't appear in future. I wouldn't say this money is enough or it realistic that it'll buy us a proportion winning team so there has to be an alternative plan.

Hopefully Watson is part of that.

No it won't I agree, so fans need to be realistic and not have a hissy fit if we are not challenging for Top 6. We are competing with clubs with much bigger budgets. Dasilva for example, second choice last year at Bristol, and has gone to Coventry on reportedly huge wages, we can't compete like that. The club will continue to cut costs imo even with the investment.

Risc said:
No it won't I agree, so fans need to be realistic and not have a hissy fit if we are not challenging for Top 6. We are competing with clubs with much bigger budgets. Dasilva for example, second choice last year at Bristol, and has gone to Coventry on reportedly huge wages, we can't compete like that. The club will continue to cut costs imo even with the investment.

Yes, which doesn't make out chances of promotion any better against teams with parachute money.

But what is in it for Morris et al?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back