• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morris confirmed as investor / shareholder

Chief said:
Yes, which doesn't make out chances of promotion any better against teams with parachute money.

But what is in it for Morris et al?

To fully own a football team in in the not so far away future, he has a passion for the game and has the cash to do it so why not I suppose? Identifies with his welsh roots so makes sense with us.

Cravatt apparently is big into his data/analytics etc, so won't surprise me at all if we do see a big push for academy talents as we did with Mcburnie, James etc. There was talk of us going back to Cat1, I think I read on here, not sure we'll go that far, but money will be spent more on talent than established players at this level imo, they are too expensive. Just my take on it anyway, could be completely wrong.

Risc said:
No it won't I agree, so fans need to be realistic and not have a hissy fit if we are not challenging for Top 6. We are competing with clubs with much bigger budgets. Dasilva for example, second choice last year at Bristol, and has gone to Coventry on reportedly huge wages, we can't compete like that. The club will continue to cut costs imo even with the investment.

Comparisons with Coventry aren't going to be flattering for us since they have a tiny squad, had a wage bill £10m less than ours on their last accounts, have paid only one transfer fee in two seasons, and almost got promoted on the back of two players they now expect to sell for big fees. They're the financial underdog, not us.

Risc said:
To fully own a football team in in the not so far away future, he has a passion for the game and has the cash to do it so why not I suppose? Identifies with his welsh roots so makes sense with us.

:lol: FFS Risc, get a grip. :lol:

The question is a good one - what’s in it for him? People with money like to keep it, he’s not doing it because he fancies owning a football club in the near future - there could be several reasons for getting involved but that ain’t one of them. :lol:

jasper_T said:
Comparisons with Coventry aren't going to be flattering for us since they have a tiny squad, had a wage bill £10m less than ours on their last accounts, have paid only one transfer fee in two seasons, and almost got promoted on the back of two players they now expect to sell for big fees. They're the financial underdog, not us.

On last years accounts yes. We are in the middle of cutting all costs. It's not comparing us to them, it's highlighting what we will be competing with even when we do sell the likes of Piroe and Grimes. Bristol City will go big with wages again, Preston have just signed Calvin Ramsay on loan which won't be cheap, as well as having Woodman, who earned more than our two keepers this year combined.

Risc said:
On last years accounts yes. We are in the middle of cutting all costs. It's not comparing us to them, it's highlighting what we will be competing with even when we do sell the likes of Piroe and Grimes. Bristol City will go big with wages again, Preston have just signed Calvin Ramsay on loan which won't be cheap, as well as having Woodman, who earned more than our two keepers this year combined.

If this is the middle of the cost cutting then we're not going to accomplish much as apart from paying Bennett off and Obafemi leaving in January everything else is like for like. Preston another club that have spent far less in transfer fees than we have recently, with a wage bill slightly below our own. The idea that we're not competing with the middle of the road clubs at throwing millions down the drain is difficult to understand. 8th in the league for agent fees paid last season (£1.4m) and 7th the season before (£1.6m). Half the league lives off frees and loans while we pay £2m for Harry Darling. We're not in the top echelon for Championship money-wasters but we're not acting like paupers either.

People can have their ideas about what they're sure will happen if/when such and such player(s) are sold, but so far the "lack of spending" compared to our divisional peers is a thin excuse.

jasper_T said:
If this is the middle of the cost cutting then we're not going to accomplish much as apart from paying Bennett off and Obafemi leaving in January everything else is like for like. Preston another club that have spent far less in transfer fees than we have recently, with a wage bill slightly below our own. The idea that we're not competing with the middle of the road clubs at throwing millions down the drain is difficult to understand. 8th in the league for agent fees paid last season (£1.4m) and 7th the season before (£1.6m). Half the league lives off frees and loans while we pay £2m for Harry Darling. We're not in the top echelon for Championship money-wasters but we're not acting like paupers either.

People can have their ideas about what they're sure will happen if/when such and such player(s) are sold, but so far the "lack of spending" compared to our divisional peers is a thin excuse.

We have a bottom third budget, the Chief Executive told everyone that in a press conference, that’s a person actually on the ground working with the club seeing it’s finances day to day, where we finished last season was where we should be, mid table.

Am I right in saying only 5 clubs have sold more than us aswell? How much did Coventry make in transfers last season?

jasper_T said:

Talking of Obafemi, has he officially joined Burnley yet? Haven't seen anything confirming this...

Risc is full of sh*te, we're 7th overall and not much off the top earners in this league, we're not this plucky underdog competing against mega monsters in this league.. it's not just Risc, it's loads on Twitter.. we've underachieved for two seasons, but I don't agree that our current squad is play off material, we've invested in average and truly crap players and a manager who's been bang average in 4 years of management

Skippyjack said:
Risc is full of sh*te, we're 7th overall and not much off the top earners in this league, we're not this plucky underdog competing against mega monsters in this league.. it's not just Risc, it's loads on Twitter.. we've underachieved for two seasons, but I don't agree that our current squad is play off material, we've invested in average and truly crap players and a manager who's been bang average in 4 years of management

Wtf are you waffling on about?

Swanjaxs said:
Talking of Obafemi, has he officially joined Burnley yet? Haven't seen anything confirming this...

He reported back to pre season with them.

Risc said:
Wtf are you waffling on about?

Your plucky underdog tag horse crap, top 10 outlay, top 10 team.. anything lower and it's a failure.. and I don't believe our team are any good anyway to achieve a play off spot

Skippyjack said:
Your plucky underdog tag horse crap, top 10 outlay, top 10 team.. anything lower and it's a failure.. and I don't believe our team are any good anyway to achieve a play off spot

We came 10th, which was about right. Keep up.

Edit - if this is about my support of Martin aswell, I couldn’t give a toss anymore he’s gone. Onto the next.

Risc said:
We came 10th, which was about right. Keep up.

Edit - if this is about my support of Martin aswell, I couldn’t give a toss anymore he’s gone. Onto the next.

No it's nothing to do with your weird Martin love in

Martin and backroom staff MK Dons undisclosed
Kyle Joseph undisclosed reportedly 800k
Piroe undisclosed reportedly 1m odd
Liam Walsh free
Paterson big signing on fee
Downes undisclosed reportedly 1m odd
Obafemi undisclosed reportedly 1m odd
Ntcham big signing on fee
Fisher undisclosed reportedly 400k
Ogbeta undisclosed reportedly 400k
Laird loan
Christie loan
Williams loan
Burns loan

We finished 15th

Darling undisclosed reportedly 2m
Wood undisclosed can't find any quotes
Allen big signing on fee
Fulton bumper new contract
Grimes bumper new contract
Paterson bumper new contract
Sorinola loan
Stevens loan
Oko-Flex loan
Cundle loan

We finished 10th

About 15m+ spent in two seasons and expensive contracts we limp to 10th after going 20 games with one win against 11 men.. and contractual situations make us 8th on wage bill, not 7th

Edit: this was for this season and last, not with the new 3 parachute teams that have got relegated.. we're probably about 11th now, with Latibeaudiere and Manning off the books

Risc said:
Reports were Coleman, Cravatt and Morris were putting £10m in each I thought?

IF so, that means 50% of the club belongs to them, they are definitely working together aswell, if anything I’m guessing we’ll see more of Cravatt than Morris initially.

Heard similar.

Though Morris less than each of the other two.

Exciting times with some proper, relevant knowledge capital invested too by our new owners.

Skippyjack said:
No it's nothing to do with your weird Martin love in

Martin and backroom staff MK Dons undisclosed
Kyle Joseph undisclosed reportedly 800k
Piroe undisclosed reportedly 1m odd
Liam Walsh free
Paterson big signing on fee
Downes undisclosed reportedly 1m odd
Obafemi undisclosed reportedly 1m odd
Ntcham big signing on fee
Fisher undisclosed reportedly 400k
Ogbeta undisclosed reportedly 400k
Laird loan
Christie loan
Williams loan
Burns loan

We finished 15th

Darling undisclosed reportedly 2m
Wood undisclosed can't find any quotes
Allen big signing on fee
Fulton bumper new contract
Grimes bumper new contract
Paterson bumper new contract
Sorinola loan
Stevens loan
Oko-Flex loan
Cundle loan

We finished 10th

About 15m+ spent in two seasons and expensive contracts we limp to 10th after going 20 games with one win against 11 men.. and contractual situations make us 8th on wage bill, not 7th

Edit: this was for this season and last, not with the new 3 parachute teams that have got relegated.. we're probably about 11th now, with Latibeaudiere and Manning off the books

And.we.finished.tenth.

Now phuck off 👍🏻

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back