• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Much work to do – Duff relying on those around him to support him

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
The Swans returned to the Swansea.com Stadium yesterday evening when they welcomed Bristol Rovers to SA1 but it was the lack of depth in the squad that highlighted just how much work there was left to do in the remaining weeks of the transfer window. A week on Saturday the team will be back in […]

Read more

I can't believe we still have not got a good keeper in this season, surely duff can see just how garbage fisher is

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I can't believe we still have not got a good keeper in this season, surely duff can see just how garbage fisher is

I think the lad from Brighton on loan is pretty much a done deal mate, we can't go into a fresh season with Fisher as number one.

How many more articles do you need explaining Rushworth is on his way next week?

Just seen the highlights. I thought Fisher made some good lowdown snap saves, but their first goal highlighted one of his major weaknesses. The cross which came in from the right was accurate but didn't have huge pace on it. Fisher was perfectly placed in the centre and I believe had time to come for it and maybe collect it, or at least put the forward off. Instead, he dithered and retreated to within one yard of his line. The scorer had a free header in the middle of the goal from six yards out and was not going to miss. Fisher should have been out challenging for that cross, then in all probability would have prevented the score.

Margetson has got a hell of a task there.

I thought Fisher made some really good saves and was getting the ball out to the wing backs quickly. After leaving there last night, he was the least of my concerns.
It’ll be a different team with Walsh and Allen fit and hopefully this Ginnelly is the player we’ve been crying out for.

Pegojack said:
Just seen the highlights. I thought Fisher made some good lowdown snap saves, but their first goal highlighted one of his major weaknesses. The cross which came in from the right was accurate but didn't have huge pace on it. Fisher was perfectly placed in the centre and I believe had time to come for it and maybe collect it, or at least put the forward off. Instead, he dithered and retreated to within one yard of his line. The scorer had a free header in the middle of the goal from six yards out and was not going to miss. Fisher should have been out challenging for that cross, then in all probability would have prevented the score.

I am by no means a fan of Fisher and want him out asap; however I think both goals were a mix of pin-point crosses and deficiencies with Darling and Wood's marking.

Both crosses back on the money and both scorers in-between both of them with far too much space.

The first goal comes from Cotterill failing to get goal side of his man. He's a central midfielder asked to play wingback for one of the first times in his life, and he's just a yard too slow getting back in. There's nothing else really wrong with it, the 5 are all pushing across cover in behind their teammates as they should.

The second one is a counter and despite a good recovery run Lissah ends up with two men at the near post, with one almost blocking him off while the other makes a good header.

jasper_T said:
The first goal comes from Cotterill failing to get goal side of his man. He's a central midfielder asked to play wingback for one of the first times in his life, and he's just a yard too slow getting back in. There's nothing else really wrong with it, the 5 are all pushing across cover in behind their teammates as they should.

The second one is a counter and despite a good recovery run Lissah ends up with two men at the near post, with one almost blocking him off while the other makes a good header.

The first goal, Duff was screaming at Piroe for not pressing their right back.......i even saw Duff throw something to the ground in temper towards Piroe, 20/30seconds later and the ball is the net.

It's these little things that get picked up rather than just the final act to scoring the goal.....i must admit that Piroe was being half hearted pressing that full back and I wasn't happy with it and then I noticed Duffs reaction.

Pegojack said:

Defence clearly at fault for the first goal.

Mork said:
I thought Fisher made some really good saves and was getting the ball out to the wing backs quickly. After leaving there last night, he was the least of my concerns.
It’ll be a different team with Walsh and Allen fit and hopefully this Ginnelly is the player we’ve been crying out for.

Didn't you watch him last season, awful, has he improved that much in off season.

Leicester and Soton in for Piroe according to Nixon. Will be the latter imo.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back