• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New Kit

• Thread starter 1964
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 9,034

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-launch-2020-21-home-and-away-kits

Home kit - it's a cracker. One of the best.
Away kit - the description of 'turquoise and raspberry' conjures up all sorts of images but it's certainly not the worst away kit ever designed.

Home kit is great! Love the sponsor logo and the design. Best Joma one by far IMO. I'm going to order for sure.

Away kit is simply hideous. Sometimes the ugly ones grow on me a little after a while, but that ain't happening this time.

The colours in the away kit look nice, but way to much going on.
Looks like you've be paintballing

Home Kit - Great
Away Kit - Disgusting, Hanging, Ridiculous, Laughable, Horrendous, Atrocious, Who the bloody hell decided on that??

Football kits are for the under 14's unless you are playing but both look OK to me.

Home kit is okay, don't know why we've got black shorts though. That away kit is grim.

I like that the front sponsor logo doesn't dominate either shirt like previous ones have done and actually looks like part of the design. I think the away strip will look better from a distance or on TV but probably a bit too busy close up. Unlikely to be buying either though.

Very nice. And hardly the first time black shorts have been worn. Won’t buy it as I am 52 with a gut

Horrible away top. Probably the worst Swans jersey I have seen.

Darran said:
PencoedJack said:
Football kits are for the under 14's unless you are playing but both look OK to me.

I couldn’t give a fuck either.

Come on mun, not much makes you happier than seeing your fine grandchildren donning their kits and now it can be a full kit experience with the sponsor on the front. I was the same when my two were at the same age.

PencoedJack said:

What's odd for me is that I completely feel the same about every other professional and college sport I root hard for - Dallas Cowboys, San Antonio Spurs (NBA), and Texas Longhorns (American college football), but I don't feel dorky at all wearing a Swans shirt.

I mean, I would feel a little silly getting a player's name/number on the back of a Swans shirt, but I wear them with blank backs all the time in Texas or anywhere I travel...I guess partly to promote the Swans.

At the same time, I regularly laugh at any middle aged guy wearing a Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott jersey, even at a Cowboys game (which is half the crowd). I guess I'd feel the same way about Swans shirts if I lived in the UK.

SgorioFruit said:
Home Kit - Great
Away Kit - Disgusting, Hanging, Ridiculous, Laughable, Horrendous, Atrocious, Who the bloody hell decided on that??

Well put. My thoughts exactly.

Joma had a difficult act to follow after Adidas as the latter are a fashionable brand and have a big following. personally, I though Adidas went very stale by the end of their contract, the tops reminded me of templates loads of other teams were using and I was glad for a change. Joma have previously taken some stick on the quality of their kits, I haven't bought one and can’t speak from personal experience, but they looked decent. I quite like this yard home top and the new sponsor is a refreshing change.
The away top is left field and the colours are a big surprise, initial thoughts aren’t positive and for some reason it reminds me of an old Liverpool it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back